We woke up just before 4:00 a.m. to get ready to head to airport. Can I say how weird it is to take nothing but a purse with you to the airport. HEAVEN!! Security? A piece of cake! Waiting to board? Lovely and quiet. The flight? Sleep, peaceful slumber. I knew Wayne would be able to put on his own seatbelt sans sound effects and sit still without offering him a constant string of candy, coloring books, and/or trucks. Traveling can actually be quite relaxing if I do say so myself.
We arrived in NYC at 7:15 a.m. Called the limo service to take us to Manhattan and again, relaxed (well, minus the 85 mph weaving) as our driver dropped us off in the financial district.
We later walked to Trinity Church and St. Paul's Church. Two beautiful buildings. I thought of my brother-in-law (who is an Architect) and how much he would love the architecture. St. Paul's was a refuge for volunteers, firefighters, and police officers during the September 11th attack. We were once again humbled by the pictures and memories that have been made there.
Picture outside of Trinity Church.
a href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgTsC9DfQKyVRkhPTgL1tYJa_jh8fm0glYtgBFjtk2fvxkmSGi0MQAT7AVb-A3s0_pCXfrfJbdpD3l2IhHf_aJt6e1ZmtVlcOnLQjJmsIsYWsnjlp5ot3mHXME0PNAW4ZEurpR5/s1600-h/DSC02393.JPG">
Wayne by the historic St. Paul Church sign.
We stopped for food at a few fun Cafe's and kept walking to Times Square. About halfway there my hip started bothering me. Enough that I was limping a bit and we decided to take the Subway the rest of the way. We walked out onto Broadway and saw half of the road blocked off for bands that were playing. There were chairs set up and people lounging about. We took full advantage of the seats and sat back and enjoyed the music for a while.
Our next stop was West Side Story. Oh yeah, baby! We loved it! You can't beat four rows back at the Palace Theater.
That place is HUGE. I loved the girl who played Anita. Part of the songs were sung in Spanish and it wasn't my favorite, but I didn't hate it for that either. If I spoke Spanish I'm sure I would love that take on it. I left wondering what my life would have been like had I pursued musical theater which was my initial post high school plan. All the questions rolling around like "Could I have been good enough to do that eventually?" That being said, I am not at all sad with how my life has turned out. Just makes me wonder is all.
We ate dinner at the Olive Garden right across from the theater and stopped at the M&M Factory to get some souvenirs for our kiddos.
The shuttle back to the airport took about an hour. We had an hour til our plane boarded and once we were on the plane we sat on it for a little over an hour until it finally took off. We drove home just after midnight, thanked Kim for taking our kids (thanks again!), and hit the pillow HARD.
We've now decided this is something we need to do at least once a year while we live in New York.
Just a quick addition:
I have the hardest time getting Trevor to say his prayers. I eventually say them and he chimes in with Amen at the end. I know that one day he'll take over when he's good and ready. Tonight he said that he didn't know how to pray. I beg to differ. I told him that he knew how and that it didn't need to be long. I told him to just thank Heavenly Father for his blessings, ask him to sleep well, and thank him for Jesus. So, he started his prayer, which I suspected would sound much like something I had just uttered to him. This is what he said instead.
Heavenly Father,
Thank you for my blessings.
Thank you for my family.
Please help me to learn about electricity.
Please help me to not be scared of the darkness.
Please help me to learn to swim.
Please help me back float all by myself.
Please help Lexi to not hit me.
Please help me to not be afraid of yellow eyes, those are Sith Lord eyes.
Please help me to get on my clothes all by myself.
Thank you for my friends.
Thank you for my blue wall.
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen
I can see why we are told to be as little children. What a perfectly pure prayer. Way to go T.

6 comments:
New York sounded like so much fun!! Sith Lord Eyes...I'm glad he letting heavenly Father know what that meant, I think he was wondering. He is too cute!
Oh my goodness!!! Trevor's prayer left me in stitches!! How sweet. These are the days we are going to miss when our kids are grown.
Haley, you look simply amazing!! You are so beautiful.
I am glad we are friends. I love and miss you. Hope your mom is doing well.
Hello! You look like you are doing great, New York City looked like such a great time. during the four years Zach and I lived in Rochester we never took the time to go... We are dummies. Love, Emily Reese
I am so jealous of your NY trip! Glad you were able to relax and enjoy your time with your hubby! -Suzanne
Sounds like you guys had the BEST time!! I am jealous! we get back into town in a few weeks and I am looking forward to finally seeing you- I feel like I have not seen you all summer!
That makes me miss New York. I gotta get back there. Love seeing your kids in the photos. The are so grown up. Take care--
Post a Comment