Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Alexis and Trevor's first Mini Meet

Last Monday Trevor and Alexis participated in their first swim meet.  They are both in Orca 3, the beginning group on swim team.  The kids on this team are not quite ready to compete, but the coaches want them to practice and have fun participating in their own mini meet.  It's a great way for them to learn what to do for the actual meet.  So, 54 kids participated.  It was awesome.  Wayne and I were so proud of our little Orca 3's.

Lexi is one of six five year olds on the team.  She was an animal taking first in two of her events.



By the final event Trevor had seemed to figure it out and decided he was going to swim hard.  I wish I had his reaction on camera when he came out of the water and was told he was first.  It was jumps, turns, and running to Wayne (who was a timer) and proudly displaying that blue ribbon.



No comments: