Sunday, November 19, 2017

Bryce Canyon 50k

The hardest race to date!  Wayne was at the finish.  It was 90 ish degrees and 9,300 feet above sea level. It took me 8 hours and 53 minutes to complete.

I wasn't sure what to expect on this one.  I knew the scenery would be stunning.  I had sand everywhere after the run.  Thank goodness I met a girl who ran with me for about 18 miles of that race.  We talked, laughed, walked and pushed on together. 

At the 20 mile aid station I was feeling nauseous and was getting a headache.  As soon as I sat down it started to get worse.  After more fuel and some medicine I knew it was time to keep trucking on.  When I finally finished they had run out of Coke!  I love drinking Coke on these races.  I may have cried.  :)  I bought four ice cold 16.9 ounce waters and downed every single one of them while we were waiting for the shuttle to take us back to Ruby's Inn (where the expo was).  It took us an hour to get on that shuttle to return.

Before the race

Seeing the finish line

No comments: