Thursday, January 11, 2007

Post holiday wrap-up

I can't believe how the time has flown. It's already January 11th? Wayne's two month hiatus ended Monday. He's currently rotating through Dermatology. I'm glad that he likes it because he doesn't care for clinic. Dermatology is a lot of clinic. I've got to say that it's nice having him home just after five everyday. I don't blame those who want to do Derm for the lifestyle. It's amazing. As most of you know, we are trying to figure out the order of our rank list. Stanford is number one, but since it is tough to match there we are focusing on who to rank number two. It switches often between the University of Iowa in Iowa City and UVA. It's been a tough decision and there has been much prayer and fasting involved. We welcome any additional prayers in our behalf. Thankfully, we love every place that Wayne has applied. So, right now it's for the right fit and the best place for our family to be for the next 4-6 years.

I'm training again for the Country Music Marathon in Nashville, TN. It's April 28th. I'll be going by myself this time and Wayne is going to stay with the boys in Charlottesville. I'm hoping that my mom will be able to fly to Nashville and hang out with me for the three days that I'll be there. It's just dependent on Ali's little arrival who's scheduled to come April 18th. NO pressure Ali! Initally I was going to drive to Nashville (approx. 8 hours) with one of my girlfriends and her kids, but the more I thought about the more I thought how much the kids would hate me for putting them through that much driving in such a short period. I'm excited to go whether I'm by myself or not.

Jacob is growing up so much. He looked at me the other day and said, "Mom, I can't touch those things . . . . your . . . . your . . . . . . your bumps." And then he turned around and walked out of the room. So random, I know. If you don't understand the one liner, sorry, I'm not going to go into anymore detail. He is definitely a boy. I wanted to laugh so bad, but it would have embarrassed him so much. He's wanting to move to Iowa because he thinks that he has a long lost friend there. Who knows, it may happen.

Trevor is still not walking, but is talking up a storm. I really think that the whole walking bit will happen this month. The other day I changed an enormous poopy diaper. He had some diaper rash so I went into his room to get the ointment. When I came back out he was on the runner in the hall. He had pooped some more and was playing with it. It was all over the runner and he was making designs with it all over the kitchen floor. He wasn't being delicate, he was diggin' in! Of course, it was 6:30 a.m. and we were all still waking up. Thankfully Wayne was home to assit in the cleanup. He is also a horrible napper. If he takes a nap for an hour I feel lucky.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhhh!!!!! That is poopy! Literally!
I could not handle that first thing in the morning!!!
How funny that Jacob doesn't like touching your bumps! Q calls them moles! She is becoming more aware of them too!

I have to be honest that I don't get all of the rotation mumbo jumbo, but I hope Wayne is happy! We have dome Derm friends here!

Good luck on your ranking list. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Loves to you!

Anonymous said...

YUCK! I would have seriously thrown-up if I had to go through that poopy episode right now. Guess what Haley?! I'm SO SICK NOW!!! PREGO SICK!!! My healthy days didn't last long, so enjoy your health, and REALLY enjoy running the marathon! Just think how lucky you are to be healthy! :-) I'm excited for you! Good luck with the rank list. We can't wait to hear where you match! I hope you stay in VA for selfish reasons, but I know you will go where it will be best for your family.