Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas!



It has been a wonderful Christmas for our family. Trevor woke up this morning at 6:45 a.m., when Jacob heard him he quickly jumped out of his bed, ran into the living room, turned on the lights and said, "Santa came!" He was so excited and thrilled when he found out that the biggest present was his -- it was his bike. Of course it has rained all day and he wasn't able to ride it outside, but he definitely rode it all through the apartment. Jacob also loves a remote control car that he got from his grandma and grandpa. I think he loves even more that it scares Trevor and he screams and cries when it is driving toward him. Trevor loved having his own cars and trucks to play with. He also loves to draw, so he got a Doodlepro. He loves it, but so does Jacob. It's been interested keeping them entertained with their own toys and not each others. We've had our fair share of battles today. We decided to take the kids to see Happy Feet this afternoon. We never buy popcorn, but did today to keep Trevor entertained. Boy, did they stuff their faces. Jacob was opening Trevor's candy in his stocking and giving it to him . . again and again and again. I think they were sick from stuffing their faces full of junk.

Our temple trip was so much fun. It was fun visiting with the Kemps. We went to dinner and to the grounds together. Trevor slept all through the night at the Doubletree too! We were so happy. The hotel was extremely nice. The only bummer was that we thought they had an indoor pool, but they had an outdoor pool. So, we'll be going swimming at the school this week. We drove by the National Cathedral and Embassy Row on the way home. Wow. It is incredible architecture.

3 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

The bad news is that we discovered Trevor's present from Erik under our tree (I forgot to mail it). The good news is that we picked very well (it is a doodle-thingie for the car). I will mail that out before the end of this week.

Merry Christmas! Glad you had a nice holiday

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had a Merry Christmas! How fun to go see lights in DC. I miss that! I got a card from the Kemps, I bet it was fun to see them!

We've had our fair share of quarrell too through Xmas. It seems to be cooing off!

Kara Klc said...

I can't believe how big they're both getting. It's so funny how Christmas goes. Starts with such excitement then hits the melt down phase!!! So fun.