Saturday, February 10, 2007

Home alone

Wayne is at a priesthood meeting. The kids are asleep and I'm finishing my Sunday School lesson. I've needed to post, but just haven't had the energy to do it. It seems like there are so many things happening.

I had a card party here last Saturday. It was a girls night out with a bunch of my close friends. There were 12 of us smashed in my apartment. We made adorable birthday cards. We laughed like crazy and were productive all at the same time!

We reserved a moving truck a few days ago. We figured that it's easy to cancel if we don't match at Rochester. And it is much cheaper if we book now.

We decided to go to Disneyworld next month. It was either a down payment on a car or a much needed vacation. We figured that we could buy a car when we get wherever we are going and have a regular salary. It's now or never (never meaning seven years). Wayne's going to be insanely busy as an intern. We're hoping to get pregnant with our last baby sometime this year (are we crazy?). Kids will start school . . . yada, yada, yada. It's time, it's graduation, it's worth it.

Trevor decided that walking may happen in his life. He still prefers to crawl because he just goes faster, but he'll walk across the room. He goes to nursery in three weeks. I hope that he decides walking is a better mode of transportation by then. He's finally getting his appetite back, again. He had a horrible cold that left him completely congested. Now, he's cutting his one year molars. He woke up at 4:15 this morning. . . . and was up. He took a 30 minute nap today. He just never sleeps!

Jacob is starting to write his name. It's taken him a while to want to write at all. He definitely prefers those big motor skills. This semester his preschool has taken a more academic approach. We're doing a letter a day. It's fun (I teach periodically with all of the other moms). I taught last Thursday. The letter was H. We played hot potato. We made hats out of those long balloons. We made heart bookmarks and made "H" books where they practiced writing. It was fun. He loves his friends. I'm sad that moving will be hard on him, but I'm hoping that he'll adapt quickly. He's also taking swimming lessons again at UVA.

Wayne is so content with everything now. I haven't felt that peace in him until now. He only has one and a half more rotations until graduation. I can't believe that four years of school will soon end. I'm excited and sad all at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to be students forever, but we have loved Charlottesville and our wonderful friends who have become our family. It will be like moving away from Utah all over again. I remember when Wayne and I drove the U-haul across the country. We left Jacob with my family and drove for 33 hours to get to Charlottesville (then I flew back for Ali's wedding and Jacob and I flew to our new home). The first hour on the road I opened a letter that my mom wrote to me. She slid it in my hands right as we were leaving. I think I cried for three hours straight. Moving was hard. It was hard to be alone when Wayne was at school. I was so happy that he was absolutely loving medical school. I just couldn't wait until I loved my new life that much. It took a few months for me to make those friends and a year to call Charlottesville home. I hope the transition is easier especially since we now have children. I've definitely learned that you get out what you put in.

2 comments:

Kara Klc said...

I'm so jealous about Disneyworld. That is so much fun. We really need a vacation but we have to pay off a credit card first!! The joys of responsibility. Luckily that will happen in a couple of weeks!!

Unknown said...

Awe, that made me tear up a little, talking about the big changes. It sounds like it's been a rewarding ride.

Yea for Trevor walking and Jacob writing! It sounds like you have a great preschool program.

Man, I want to go to Disneyworld. I think we'll wait another year or so, when the kids will actually go on some rides!

And, you are so NOT crazy for wanting to try to get preg this year! Hoooray!

Let me know when you hear about the match!