Saturday, April 04, 2009

Charlottesville 10 miler

I love this race! The weather was PERFECT! I wanted to run it in an hour and thirty minutes or less. Wayne said, "If you run it in 1:22 I'll get you anything you want." haha That's an 8:22 mile for 10 miles. Probably not, but I was still hoping for a little under 1:30. The first mile my legs were a bit heavy and when I ran past the first mile marker I was running at about 8:50. Not bad, but not good enough for the ultimate goal. By mile two I was feeling a little bit lighter on my feet and picked up the pace a bit. Every hill a little person inside my head said SURGE and I picked up my feet a bit more. By the middle I was averaging 7:30's! At mile 9 my time was 1:12. I knew that even with a 10 minute mile I would make it! I crossed the finish line at 1:19:30 and an average pace of 7:57 per mile (according to my Garmin). Wayne and the kids were there to cheer me on. I have some pictures, but will have to wait to upload until we get home.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

Way to go! I wish I could say you inspire me to take up running, but who would I be fooling? How fun to be able to go back down to C-ville for a race! We haven't been back there since we moved, though I'd love to.

So now, what are you going to get from Wayne?!?

Katie and Eric said...

Awesome! Haley that is so fast. Way to go. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

cam said...

Great job Haley! I have always been super impressed with your running. You are so dedicated. Congrats!

Jules said...

WHAT?!?! I didn't know you were in Cville!

Scarehaircare said...

Congrats you speed demon! You make my 10:30 miles feel verrrrrrry sloooooooow. ;)

Maren said...

Great Job Haley! I too want to know what Wayne is going to get you.

Jaime said...

YAY! Lightning fast girl! way to go, I know how exciting that is to reach a race goal - 7:57 is amazing! So whatcha gonna get?!! If it needs to involve babysitting you have my numba~ call me, we need a playdate!

Suzanne said...

Way to go Haley!! THAT IS FANTASTIC!! I love it when you set a goal and beat it! You are my running hero! -Suzanne

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! Congrats!

Adam and Tiffany said...

Haley, that is so awesome!!! What a gal! You look totally awesome by the way. and your family is darling.

Megan said...

WOW!! That's an incredible time?!? How do you do it? I need all your tips!
Congrats--you go girl!