After Jacob jumped on the bus we took the kids to our friends house and took off. Columbus is about a six hour drive from here. The fog was unbelievable through portions of New York and Pennsylvania. I remember thinking morbid thoughts as we were driving through it like, "there could be a lake right beside this road or a huge drop off to a cliff" and we would have no clue because of the dense fog. Thankfully as soon as we were able to head south it cleared. It was so much fun to talk for hours nonstop with no interruptions. As we were chatting Wayne said, I think Kirkland is right around here. He pulled out the atlas and said, "What exit number did you last see?" I told him what was coming up next and he said, "That's the one." I couldn't believe it. We decided to head over there and check it out.
Wayne and I in front of the Kirkland visitor center.
We made a stop for one of Wayne's favorites,
The next day Wayne and I went and worked out, ate some breakfast and then he headed to his interview,
The interview went well and after picking up Wayne and talking about his day and my day we headed to the downtown Renaissance hotel. We would have just stayed where we were, but it was sold out due to a huge swimming championship going on. We would have loved to catch some of that too. We felt 1950's since the Renaissance had no more king sized bed's and gave us two queens. I just laughed as we were reading in our own beds. Our last taste of Columbus was at a Mexican restaurant called Abuelos. I've gotta say it was good, but nothing like Cap City Diner. I wished we would have gone there again. Here's Wayne giving me that puppy dog face since he was DONE with pictures.
Thursday we were able to workout and catch breakfast before heading back home. We stopped by this cute cheesebarn about an hour and half outside of Columbus. I was hoping for a spread like Cache Valley cheese, but not so much. We did buy some delicious homemade chocolates for the kiddos though.
After picking up the kids and heading inside Wayne checked the messages and told me to listen to the last one. It was from the program director at Mayo. He said that after their ranking meeting Wayne was ranked incredibly high, that he would love to talk to him about anything, and that they hope to be working with him next year. So, so nice. Wayne has one more interview at the University of Virginia and then we'll have to rank these programs. I'm feeling the pressure. Thank goodness I had three days with Wayne to worry about nothing and have the best time with my best friend.

4 comments:
Sounds like a great trip!!! I am glad that you got to go. See you soon.
Yay for Wayne! It is so funny but as I am reading about Wayne's interviews and trying to decide the next step, it's like reading a really good book. Where will Wayne go? Where will Dr. Ormsby save lives next? Ha!
I miss ya my friend! I hope, no I see life is treating you well. Have a wonderful day! -Suzanne
Sounds perfect! I can't remember the last time we did something like that!
I'm just so darn jealous! Cap City and 2 nights away!! Both sound delicious. I'm so glad you got to go, just the 2 of you.
Post a Comment