Thursday, April 22, 2010

"I worry about you"


Yesterday Lexi was being her typical motherly self. She was hoarding the Vanilla Wafers. She walked over to the boys and immediately started talking in a higher pitched voice. Her eyebrows were raised and there was a slight nod to her head as she asked them if they would like a Vanilla Wafer. They reluctantly said yes after realizing that she had a death grip on the box. After a few rounds the boys conceited and followed her game. Toward the end of the handout Lexi gave Trevor a vanilla wafer, looked at him with tenderness and said in the most nurturing way, "I worry about you."

I snickered wondering where in the world she heard that from. Then I realized it was me. As Trevor was recovering from his surgery and was in so much pain I had mentioned how I worried about him. It just came across completely different when he was recovered and fine. The joy of being a parent.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Cute story!!! Aren't you just loving your girl!!! And your boys:)

Jaime said...

Can totally see her doing that...she is the CUTEST thing!

Jaime said...

GREAT picture of the two of you, btw!