They drove up from Pennsylvania to play and see the Hill Cumorah pageant. Her kids are within months of my three kids. Even better, they have the best time together.
Jess and I decided to take the kids to the pageant on Saturday. Wayne was working and we wondered how the two year olds would do, but pushed ahead and went anyway. The pageant starts at 9:15. Lexi normally goes to sleep around 7:00. Trevor is not too far behind her. So, we kept the kids busy with dinner at Wegmans and ice cream at Chill and Grill. By the time we made it to the Hill Cumorah there was about 20 minutes before start time. I wondered if my high school drama teacher would be there since he has been a director for the past five years. My question was quickly answered as I saw him stand on the stage and give the opening prayer. I then made a mental note to try to find him and say hi after the pagent. The kids absolutely loved the show. I was amazed that they stayed awake and were sane and happy through it all. The boys were awed by the fire, water, and earthquakes. There was a part of the show after Jesus was resurrected and appears to the people in America. It begins by Jesus decending from the sky and landing amongst the people. Lexi was enthralled. She smiled and intensely watched. At the end of the scene Jesus begins to asend and the lights go out. Lexi did her chop chop wave and said, "See ya later."
After the show we went to find Russ. We were let past security and headed to the directors offices. We peeked through the window and saw him, waved and saw tons of cameras taking pictures of Donny Osmond. Russ came out and we chatted for a bit until the kids voiced their displeasure and we went with our herd to the car.
On the drive home I asked the kids what their favorite part of pageant was. Jacob said with deliverance, "When Heavenly Father kills the bad guys." Trevor said with gusto, "When there was FIRE and EARTHQUAKES." Then Tyler (age 5) said in the most meek little voice, "When Jesus blesses the children." Jessica and I laughed forever. I don't know if my boys even noticed that.
It took about 5 minutes and all six kids were out cold.

6 comments:
When we went years ago, Secondborn's favorite part: King Noah!
Those pictures are the best!! I seriously laughed and laughed. All hunched over, heads leaning to the sides, and mouths open. That is an indicator of a good time! Russ looks so different too!
Oh my gosh! Those pictures of your kids sleeping are totally cracking me up. I miss the pageant.
Great post Haley! I love that I can still see what ur doing! I totally miss ya :)
cute post!
I haven't seen that pageant but on of my old boyfriends play the part of Christ for a couple of years. . . so that's what I have to say about that.
Hooray for keeping up with old friends! Looks like fun! Aren't sleeping kids the greatest?
Post a Comment