A week or two before Christmas we were all walking through the subway. It opened up to the mall. I said, "Oh look you guys! It's Santa!" Jacob look to the side and said a muffled, "Oh, GREAT." Trevor threw himself into Wayne's backside and hid. Lexi said, "YAAAAAAYYYY!!!!" Then ran up to throw herself on his lap.
On Christmas Eve I expected the kids to be up all night. I was shocked, again, when I woke up more than they did! I was so incredibly excited for them to open their presents. Since church started at 9:00 a.m. we knew the window for opening gifts and having breakfast was tight. Wayne and I actually woke up at 6:00 and turned on some lights. It only took seconds for the kids to come running out of their rooms with wide morning eyes. It was followed by jumping, clapping, and squealing.
Jacob wanted an Ipod touch. He's been asking for months, but we told him that it was too much. He said that was fine, that he just wanted money to save for the Ipod touch. At first I was thrilled that it was such an easy gift, but then I was feeling sad that his big gift was going to be cash while Trevor and Lexi would open some really fun gift to play with. As Christmas grew closer Jacob had saved close to $100. It helps that his birthday is at the end of November. In combination with grandparents I realized that we could buy Jacob the Ipod touch. I grabbed all of the money and bought it. I was anticipating his reaction for a week. Especially since we said there was no way he was getting one. We video taped the whole thing. Of course I have no pictures. His reaction did not disappoint. I think he may have thought it was a joke for a split second. He held it up in the air and said, "MY IPOD TOUCH! OH MY GOSH, MY IPOD TOUCH!!!"
Trevor eyed a remote control helicopter on Black Friday. With Jacob's help I was able to sneak over to the register and purchase it without him noticing. I think Wayne had a bit of fun with that toy too. ;) He and Wayne have also put together various experiments with his Chemistry set. Trevor also received a circuit board that he adores.
Lexi opened a My Little Pony Princess Castle. With a 'magic wand' the castle rises three stories (courtesy of a million batteries). She is also equipped with makeup paraphernalia, dress ups, and jewelry kits, she was in heaven.
All of us were spoiled with gifts from grandparents and cousins. Thank you so much.
We also gave the kids tickets to Nickelodeon Universe from Grandma and Grandpa Ormsby. Wayne had some vacation a few days after Christmas and we hauled the crew to Minneapolis. We thought the kids would last 4 hours tops and were shocked when we stayed close to 7 hours. We did have a little hiccup after the Log Chute ride. Poor Trevor was soaked to the bone. Thankfully Old Navy was just out the door. He was holding his shirt away from his body because it was dripping. Even though the amusement park is indoors, it was still chilly. We bought him some new pants and a fleece top. He cuddled right into it. It's been over a month and it still holds positive vibes for him.
| Trev and Lex. Isn't this so adorable? |
| My favorite picture. |
I bid an insanely low price at a 3 1/2 star hotel by the mall and was literally shocked when my bid was accepted. We stayed at the Doubletree Hotel for $45 a night! Yes please!
It was wonderful to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas this year. The kids are getting it a little bit more.

No comments:
Post a Comment