I've got to write this down so I remember how hilarious it was at the time.
A few days ago Lexi had a little runny nose. The boys discovered it during breakfast and immediately threw their heads in the opposite direction. Jacob loudly said, "Alexis . . go get a tissue! Ew! Don't lick it!!" Trevor (half gagging) partially turns his head toward her and said, "Alexis!! Go wipe your nose! Do you want to be DISGUSTING or do you want to be BEAUTIFUL??"
Alexis just went on her merry way after her nose was wiped. Sometimes that girl doesn't let anything phase her. Other times she screams, "YOU HURT MY FEELINGS!!!!" I'm glad her mood was decent during that particular morning.
A few days ago I went to check on Trevor and Lexi after they went to bed. Here's what I found:
They love their books. It was so sweet. Last night when I was reading to Trevor he pulled out a nonfiction book about atoms and molecules. After reading a few pages he said, "You know Mom. I just love chemistry. Gold is AU, Silver is AG, Iron is FE and I honestly don't remember the other two he said. The kid is memorizing the periodic table. I will say that he gets none of this from me. He also told me how he watched a video on one of his learning games about how knees are replaced. He said, "Mom! Do you know doctors use staples after they operate on knees?"
Jacob is insanely busy right now. He swims 4 1/2 hours a week with a swim team here. We've traveled for quite a few swim meets. He is doing awesome. I'm so proud of him. He's also involved in scouts and is in advanced spelling, english, math, social studies, and science at school. His homework keeps ME busy. I can't believe some of the things they have these kids do. I think it's safe to say I'm a little nervous about him getting overwhelmed with it all, but for now, he is loving it.
Wayne is reading the boys Harry Potter. They are on the third book. He's made it super fun for them. When they finish the book we have a Harry Potter party. We rent the movie of the book they just finished reading and have Papa Murphy's pizza. The kids absolutely LOVE it.
Wayne is on Bone Marrow Transplant right now. It's an incredibly busy rotation. I would say this is one of the most time intensive and emotionally draining rotations of his fellowship. It's weird to think that in a little over two years the word "rotation" will most likely not be in our vocabulary. After seven. . . well eleven years (if you include medical school) . . . that's weird.
I'm heading to Boston next month to run the marathon. I've had some injuries along the way, but whatever, it's almost normal for that to happen to me. Some of my best friends are coming along for a girl trip.
Last month the kids and I went to Utah for Sammie and Philips wedding. Wayne was stuck working at the hospital. We had so much fun on our quick trip.
 |
| Alexis and Trevor - possibly Trevor's favorite thing that happened on the trip. He said that if he had one wish in the world he would wish for a ticket on Frontrunner. Ha ha ha!! |
 |
| Jacob and Me on frontrunner |
 |
| Bachelorette Party |
 |
| Ali, Me and Kaysha |
 |
| Kaysha and Meg |
 |
| Me and Kaysha |
 |
| Mom and Dad |
 |
| Sammie and Philip |
 |
| Dad, Mom, Kara, Meg, Ali, Sammie, Kaysha, Me, Chad and Sandi |
1 comment:
HALEY! I love it all ...especially that part about a girl trip! Booyahhhhh! Loved the updates on the kiddies, they seem so grown up in such the short time it's been! Beautiful wedding!
Post a Comment