Today Alexis, Trevor and I were talking in the kitchen. Trevor and I were discussing the meaning of bittersweet. I used an example of my grandfather dying as bittersweet, happy and sad. Trevor said, "Well it's a good thing we get to live another century." I told him that I wouldn't live another century (at least I hope not). :). This sparked a rapid discussion between Trevor and Alexis. Lexi was concerned that they would have to get a new family. I told her that I wasn't planning on going anywhere, but that if something were to ever happen to me and Dad they were lucky enough to have a huge family and that they would live with one of them. I could see the neurons in hyper drive as Trevor quickly spanned the house and said that all of our stuff would have to come with them. I told him that everyone else already has a whole bunch of the stuff we have. He vehemently proclaimed, "We would HAVE to bring the Soda Stream." Of all the things, the soda stream? He rarely even has soda. . . So funny.
Thankfully the morbid subject of death was extinguished. The kids were ready for bed. Wayne or I tuck each one in bed every night and stays with them as they say their prayers. I wanted to remember Trevor's prayer tonight. His request isn't something new. He asks every night that he will be a good boy at school (or church if it is a Saturday). He asks that he will participate (which can be a very hard thing for him to do, especially in large groups.). He always asks that he NOT have nightmares. Major, major emphasis on the NOT.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment