Monday, February 18, 2013

Kitchen and Bathroom renovation

Wayne and I love our home.  I'm sure a huge reason is that it is our first home.  Our kids love it here.  It is the first time we have lived in more than 1200 square feet (our home is 2200 sq ft).  We finally have more than one bathroom.  I think that is enough to love a place.

We decided to update the counter tops (granite), sink, faucet and hardware in the kitchen.  I would love to paint those oak cabinets white, but they are going to stay the same.  Honestly, I don't mind them as much after the update.  Everything here is oak trim as well.  I'm just going to put it out there and say I hate oak trim, but putting in white trim would be costly and time intensive.  Since we are most likely going to be here another 18 months we kept the updating to the things that we would love most and would matter most to buyers.  That being said, I did paint the trim around the kitchen window and living room window white and LOVE it.  It just brightens the room.
This is not my stuff, but was the best picture I had of the kitchen before the update.  It is what the home looked like when  I first saw it.  A LOT of wood.
AFTER.  
Deep under the counter sink and new faucet.  Something Wayne really wanted and something I absolutely love.
After.  Still would love those white cabinets.  
The bathroom was another project entirely.  The kitchen was mostly done by another company.  I did the bathroom and sure learned a lot along the way.  Can I say Pinterest is my new friend??   I can't believe what updating can do to a space.  Ten days later and my bathroom was done.
Before.  This picture was taken by the previous owners.

After.
That white door and trim (see through the mirror) sure gave me some grief.  I also made the frame that  is around the mirror.
 I also made a new piece of wall art.  This piece of wall has been empty for a while.  I love the simple sign.  I decided to go with a different color for the O since our last name starts with O.  
Love.



Don't you think white trim brightens a room?  I just love it around the windows.  

The next project is the upstairs bathroom, but I think I'm going to have to wait until Spring.  It's right next to my bedroom.  I had to do everything inside since it isn't warm enough to paint in the garage.  I sadly found out that spray paint travels a VERY long way and even though I thought I covered everything up well I have been on my hands and knees wiping off grime.  Ugh!!  No more spray paint in the house!!  Enough said there.  The upstairs bathroom is going to have dark gray walls and white trim, cabinetry, and frame.  I'm excited to get it started soon.

No comments: