Saturday, June 29, 2013

June happenings

It's time to post before I get even more behind.  Wayne is finishing his final three days of 2nd year (fellowship).  Onto the last year of fellowship and then somewhere (hopefully) permanent.  That sounds really strange.  He has a few interviews set up for that final place.  We are nervous and excited about the whole thing.

We went from winter to summer this year.  After the massive May snow storm it just rained and rained.  We haven't had a sunny day for quite a while.

In late August I flew to Albany, NY to meet up with some of my dear NY running friends.  We headed to Vermont to run the Covered Bridges Half Marathon.  It was a fabulous trip.

I woke up at 2:30 a.m. to leave the house by 3:00 since my flight left at 5:55 a.m. in Minneapolis.  The flight was perfect and I arrived in Albany at 11:00.  Cat picked me up.  We had another 2 1/2 hours until we hit Woodstock, VT.  Check out the picture of the gorgeous place we stayed.

The town is quaint and adorable.  It doesn't have much, but boutique-like and main street kinds of shops.  After shopping a bit we headed back to the room of which Cat had wine chilling and some caffeine free Diet Pepsi for me.  

We ate at a delicious Italian place and the rest of the gals met up with us the next morning.  Oh how I miss these gals.  They are hilarious.  We talked and enjoyed relaxing.  

The next morning we went to the start of the race.  It was hot. . .and HUMID.  Heat is one thing, but add humidity, UGH.  We waited at Suicide Six (the ski resort) for the race to start.  Here's a picture.
This is what we were looking at while waiting for the race.

A picture of us in front of that backdrop.  L-R, Audra, Eileen, Haley and Robin
The weather hit 91 degrees (not including the humidity) during the race.  I'm not going to lie.  It was really hard.  I remember thinking, "I'm not going to run a marathon in heat like this."  Since I was scheduled to run a marathon three weeks later.  I finished the race in 1:46.  I was so happy to see that finish line.

After the race we hung out, grabbed some food and waited for Audra and Robin to receive their prizes for placing in their age group.  These gals are fast!

TOTALLY BEAT!
Then we ate lunch.
L-R, Eileen, Audra, Sara, Robin, Haley and Cat


After lunch I walked to the concierge to check in and print off my boarding pass since I would be leaving in four hours.  As soon as he pulled up my flight info he said it had been changed.  All of my flights had been cancelled and were scheduled to leave the next day.  WHAT??  I was running around like a crazy person trying to get it all figured out, but Wayne was amazing and just said, "I'll take care of it.  It will be ok."  He really is the BEST EVER!!  I LOVE YOU!  I was able to stay one more day and had a ball.  

A few more happenings.
Thrilled to FINALLY be swimmer of the week!!  Showing off her candy bar.

Jacob taking Trevor to Cold Stone while Lexi was at a birthday party.


Alexis's first dance recital with the Minnesota Youth Ballet Academy

Wayne bought flowers for his little girl.

Lexi and Miss Julie

Random walk after a trip to the library.  Sadly this is the ONLY picture I have of Wayne the last few months.  He has been so busy at work.  We are both looking forward to his final year of training!

I refinished a bed that I found on craigslist for $10!!  It took a lot of time, but love the final product.  Best of all, my little girl is in love with her new room.







The kids loved playing by the water at the park.  Anything to stay cool.  We had a blast of humidity and hot weather for a few days.



Last weekend I went to Duluth with these lovely ladies.  I am so lucky to know these girls.  They are amazing.   We stayed at the UMD dorms! We laughed for a while about that, but really, it was perfect outside of the insanely tall bunk bed style beds.  I felt like a college girl with my best roommates. We talked, laughed, played games, went to bed and then it was game on for Grandma's Marathon.  The weather was perfect.  I wasn't able to run far for about six weeks, so I didn't know what would happen, but was thrilled to run my best time, a 3:30.  
Back to Boston this spring!!


No comments: