As I was watching the news the power flicked. Then it happened again. Within a minute everything was dead. Great. The power was out too. The kids asked for pancakes. Nope we don't have power. They asked for smoothies. Nope we don't have power. Toast? Nope. They grudgingly munched on cereal. Because of the weight of the snow thousands were out of power. Four hours later the power finally came back on to happy shouts and cheers.
To magnify the day I felt terrible. My head hurt, my teeth hurt, I couldn't breathe. It's been a REALLY long time since I have felt that sick. I sent the kids outside to play in the snow. That lasted about 45 minutes. They asked to go sledding, but I felt so awful I told them no. Talk about a downer day. I did pull out enough energy to make them popcorn and hot chocolate. I know, Mother of the Year, right?
I didn't want Wayne to come home and have to shovel the driveway after working like a dog. I put on the gear and tromped outside. Whoa. That stuff was HEAVY. Birds were chirping cheerfully and landed behind me to eat the worms that were under the snow. Crazy, right? I The temp was 32 degrees. That made the snow really heavy, but I did it. As everyone around me had their snow blowers, I was out there being She-RA. When Wayne called I asked him to pick up some medicine and a pizza then proudly told him that I shoveled the driveway. He said, "I could have done that. You are so sick!" That's right, Babe. Point 1 to me. Then he came home with pizza, medicine and promptly took care of the house and kids. Point 4 to Wayne. I was out for the count at 7:30 and slept for 12 hours!
I woke up weak, but feeling much better. With oodles of snow on the ground we started the normal day. A day that should be sans coats, boots, gloves and snow pants. Monday's forecast is 70 degrees. Strange stuff.
Onto something more exciting. I finished the upstairs bathroom remodel. I decided not to paint the inside trim and doors white. That was too much of a pain when I refinished the downstairs bathroom. Here are the pictures.
| Before |
| Before |
| After
|

No comments:
Post a Comment