Thursday, September 26, 2013

Lanesboro

I have heard people talk about Lanesboro since we first moved to Rochester two years ago.  It's a cute little town with bike trails and a river that runs through it.  Two weekends ago I told Wayne that I wanted to go check it out.  We planned on renting the bikes for everyone except Trevor's since his bike fit into the back of the van.  We knew Lexi wouldn't last without riding tandem, so that was the plan.

We parked and let the kids play at the park.  They loved the America Ninja Warrior style playground.


Trevor was in the slide the whole time.  I couldn't capture a picture.

After playing on the playground we walked to the bike rental shop.  We decided to bike four miles down the path to an adorable little town called Whalen.  There was a delicious homemade pie shop that we had to try.  It was smooth sailing for the first three miles and then Trevor was tired.  I should have expected that he would not be able to last as long with his one gear bike with tires half the size of the rest of us.  By the time we made it to Whalen he was beat.  They all devoured the french silk pie, it was delicious.  Wayne tried the coconut cream.  










When it was time to head back Trevor rode for about five minutes and wanted to throw in the towel.  He was on and off his bike a ton.  At times he refused to move at all.  I felt so bad that his little legs were exhausted.  I tried to coax him into walking when he was off of the bike and he finally agreed.  Those four miles back to Lanesboro took an hour and twenty minutes.  Trevor was less than impressed.  I told Wayne we needed to come back and have Trevor ride tandem with me so that he could look back and remember how fun it was to ride in Lanesboro.

That is just what we did.  Last weekend, after Wayne's long run, we went back to Lanesboro, rented three bikes and two tandems, and went the same route to Whalen and back.  Did we have pie, you ask?  But of course.  :)  

It was delightful.  Beautiful weather and the best company.  Trevor talked my ear off the entire ride down and bike.  He loved it.  Mission accomplished.  


Showing off her first lost tooth.  

Jacob is my child.  He can clover roll his tongue!  Ha!  Here we are being show-offs.  Kind of gross, right?









No comments: