We've been out and about a lot lately. Last week was so much fun. I turned 35 three days ago. It's crazy how time moves along. I remember vividly the day I realized I would be 35 years old when Wayne would finish fellowship. That day seemed very far away and now it is here. Each year I say a prayer of thanks that we didn't stop and take the easy road when it seemed it would have been adequate. That word, adequate, we don't want to be adequate.
It makes me ponder on life, my life in particular. Each day can be adequate. Honestly, some days that would seem to be enough. I want something extraordinary. I want what is waiting for me. I want what I know is in the distance. To have that requires more. It requires sacrifice, commitment and discipline. I need to work harder.
I spend hours running. At times I wonder why I put myself through the physical exertion day after day. Almost every marathon, around mile 20, I think, "What am I doing!?! I don't like this anymore! I never want to do this again." And then, I see people on the sidelines cheering. Eventually I see the last mile marker. I well up with tears as I see my husband there. A few more footfalls and I cross the finish. A culmination of emotions overwhelm me. I hurt, yet I am congratulated for my endurance. I am surrounded by people who are elated. I am happier than anything that I didn't stop and quit. That is how I think it will be when we pass over. Those that we love and adore will be there to embrace us at the finish. I say don't stop. Don't quit. Continue with gusto in this university of life.
Wayne and I went to Madison, WI on Saturday to watch BYU play Wisconsin. It was a perfect weekend as his birthday is four days after mine. It was our mutual birthday celebration. Although he spoiled me with a Garmin 610 and Ironman earbuds (since regular earbuds will not stay in my ears). I was beyond shocked. It was so sweet.
We dropped off the kids at 9:00 am and picked them up at 10:00 p.m. Marianne and Kyle were there. I was a total blast.
The kids were out of school on Friday. We decided to play at the RAC.
And finally, Halloween was a success this year. Wayne missed out on everything since he was stuck at the hospital. Jacob was a ninja, but isn't pictured since he ran off to trick or treat with his friend.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

2 comments:
It is absolutely amazing how fast time flies!!! I am so amazed at your dedication and skill for running, it really is amazing!! You make 35 look amazing, Happy belated Birthday!
Happy Birthday Beautiful Haley. Thanks for the inspiration. I was just thinking along the same lines- "you can do more than you think you can". Sounds like you guys are done with school and still learning. Awesome.
Post a Comment