Sick kids, broken car, heat that sucks the life out of you . . . and for the flip side . . . teeth coming through, great friends who fix your car, and the swimming pool. It's been an up and down few weeks. Here it goes:
My little T is struggling to get a tooth to pop through. If I were to push down on the gums I think it would make its way, but because I won't do that to my little guy, it has been sitting just below the gums for the last few days. He had a fever the other night of 102.2 degrees. I feel so bad for him and keep praying that he'll get better soon!
My hubby and I went on a date Saturday afternoon. We needed some time alone. It was so nice to go and get dinner, walk around, climb in the car, and turn the key to hear . . . click, click, click, click (it really was nice to get dinner and walk around, just not the broken car part). GREAT!! We just replaced the battery a few weeks ago after having the same problem. We were able to get a jump start and take it to Autozone. They tested our alternator and gave us the dreaded news: the alternator was dead. Of course it was Saturday, of course the Saturn dealership is in Richmond, and of course we are flat broke. We drove the car home and went to pick up the kids. We ran into some friends at the playground and started talking about the car problem. So, what did they do? They told us that they could replace the alternator for us. My friend and I drove to Autozone to pick up the part and her husband removed the old one and installed the new one. They are amazing! I don't think they know how much we appreciate them! Thank you so, so much! What a HUGE blessing.
The heat is almost unbearable. Let me rephrase that, the humidity is almost unbearable. We wake up to dewy windows and doors from the misty air outside. Thankfully we have a dehumidifyer that fills up at least once a day. It keeps the apartment nice, cool, and dry! I guess the weather is supposed to be like this for the entire week. Today the temp. is supposed to reach 97 degrees with high humidity. The weatherman said it will probably feel like 105 degrees. I've been taking the kids to the pool and sprinkler park to cool off. I definitely will NOT be running outside.
I have been loving my running group and the people I have met. Last weekend was a recovery run of 8 miles. In Runners World this month there is an article about heatstroke. The story talks about a new highschool graduate who suffered from it and died. He lived in Charlottesville. The run that he suffered heatstroke on was the road I ran last Saturday. It hit close to home and made me rethink how well I'm taking care of myself on those long runs. Thankfully the program puts water and gatorade out every few miles. This coming Saturday is 15 miles. I haven't ran that far since I trained for my last marathon a few years ago. I'm excited to take on the challenge.
Wayne loves his Pathology rotation. This is his last week and then he'll be doing Pediatric Nephrology for a month. He's sad to be moving out of Pathology. I think it's going to be a good fit for him. That, and I'll actually see him!
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

3 comments:
You be careful! We need you healthy enough to come back to Utah for hte holidays. I am eager to show you our new house (okay, selfish reason, I know). While you are here, Dean can give Wayne a crash course in car repair. ;)
We felt the same way when Ross helped Burke put a new water pump in our car a few months ago. So, it was our turn. It's a wonderful thing to be involved in a chain of sevice. It never takes long get back around to you. Looks like the balls been passed to you!
We should have a "beat the heat" indoor brunch of cold foods this week. What do you think?
Oh the heat of C-ville. Don't miss that, but I do miss the view every so often.
Looks like you are being blessed despite the trials. That is nice.
I've been running in the mornings. I try to go by myself. It's hard to push the kids these days. They have gotten so heavy!!! It sounds like a running group is the way to go when I train for my marathon (I'm talking off in the future!).
Post a Comment