I taught preschool last Tuesday. It was about safety. Safety when around strangers and fire safety. There are four kids around J's age (they will all be in the same grade in school), two boys and two girls. I think I freaked out the girls with some of the fire safety. "What do we do if our shirt catches on fire?" I was introducing stop, drop and roll. I went to the library and checked out a video on it. The firefighter and the kids play stop, drop, and roll. One of the girls almost started crying when I said that we were going to watch a video on what we do if we catch on fire. She said, "Is it real?". I told her that it was just a firefighter that tells us what to do. Then we talked about smoke alarms. I showed them our smoke alarm and asked them if they wanted to hear what it sounded like. The boys said yes, the girls immediately said no. Overall, I think fire safety went well. When we were talking about strangers I asked each of the kids individually if a stranger offers you . . . .(something specific that they enjoy) would you take it. Each of the kids said no when I asked them. When I got to J I asked him if a stranger said, "Hey, would you like this firetruck?" He didn't even wait for me finish. He started nodding and said, "Yeah". I quickly said, but it's a stranger and he immediately replied, "but I want it." I said that we don't accept anything from a stranger and we turn and run to someone you know. He didn't care. I just thought, hmmm we're going to have to work on this. I've got to say that it was VERY funny.
T is finally starting to feed food to himself. He still only has one lonely tooth. It's amazing what he can accomplish with it. He rolls to where he wants to go, still no crawling. He loves a spongy Sponge Bob Squarepants baseball bat that we have. He shoves it in his mouth and gums on it. I could buy him a million teething toys and he would gum the most random thing. Everyone comments on his head of hair. They all love it. He definitely inherited his daddy's skin tone. He can tan! Stray freckles have been popping up on J's nose. He got my coloration. I hope he doesn't hate freckles as much as I did.
Happy Birthday to my Mom!! I hope that it's a fun day for you!
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

2 comments:
Why do we even buy teething toys?
I am starting a preschool with some friends. That is funny that the girls were so afraid of fire. I worry about strangers. I think it's starting to click with my daughter. Scary world we live in.
Post a Comment