Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Halloween and 75 degrees!!

The weather turned from cold and gray to warm and beautiful! My poor boys were in incredibly hot costumes for the trick or treating extravaganza at the "lawn" (behind the Rotunda) at UVA. It is seriously one of the cutest things ever. The craziness begins at 4:00 p.m. We rode the bus and arrived at 3:50 and people were already trick or treating. Elite students at UVA live on the "lawn" along with distinguished professors and their family. It is in a courtyard like setting. Each student is given one room -- with no kitchen or bathroom. It is literally a small room. The professors have nice big homes, but everything is attached. It's a big honor to live there. Every Halloween they provide candy for the kids. Everyone sits outside their door and hands out candy. I have never seen so much candy. Last year I overheard one of the students say that each of them spent on average $300 on candy for the kids.

Jacob and I got free tickets to go see Dorothy the dinosaur (from the Wiggles) today. It was at 5:00. He was a little hesitant at first and was looking at all of the other kids dancing for a while. I wasn't sure what he was thinking. Halfway through the show he finally decided that it was ok to stand up and dance. He and a few of his friends had a great time.

Wayne has his first interview with UVA tomorrow! I hope it goes well!

3 comments:

Scarehaircare said...

Prayers for Wayne and his interview. It sounds like your apartment is much nicer than living with the Elite students at "The Lawn".

Just found out Lauren has no school on Jacob's bday. So excited for you to come!

Kara Klc said...

I can't believe you had a 75 degree Halloween. Our's was pretty cold but at least it was dry. The trick-or-treating on the lawn sounds like so much fun. I swear if you guys are still there we just might come back during that time next year!!!

Looking forward to seeing you!

Kara

Unknown said...

Good luck Wayne!
Love and miss T-or-Ting on the lawn! What a great tradition!