Tonight Jacob and I were rocking in the rocking chair. We cuddled and he curled up to me engulfed in his dinosaur blanket. I sang I Love You a Bushel and a Peck, and You Are My Sunshine. I sang You Are My Sunshine three times. He had never heard the song before. After the third time I felt his body shiver a bit. He started rubbing his eyes and I asked him what was wrong. He told me that there was water coming out of his eyes and that he thought he was crying. Then he clung tightly to me. I asked him why he was crying and he said, "because you said please don't take my sunshine away." My eyes immediately filled with tears and we held each other. I can't imagine how it would be to lose a child. I pray that I never experience that. When he said his prayers tonight he thanked Heavenly Father for his blessings and his family. These are the moments I cherish. I love being a mom.
Last night for family night we went to see the UVA womens basketball team play Connecticut. Connecticut is currently ranked 6th in the country. One of our good friends hooked us up! He's the Director of Marketing at UVA and gave us tickets 7 rows back from center court. It was a blast! The kids had so much fun and it was great to leave and walk across the street home when Trevor was ready for bed. Wayne and Jacob weren't too far behind us. How fun can it be without us :)!
Trevor, as many of you know, got hit the hardest with the sickness that was like wildfire through our family. He was sick for a week and didn't eat for nearly a week afterwards. At his 12 month appointment he was 21 pounds 10 oz, at his 15 month appointment (which unfortunately was a few days after the sickness passed) he was 20 pounds. He was so far off the growth chart that they need to see him again in six weeks for a weight check. Thankfully, he's gotten his hearty appetite back. I was really worried about him! He has never been that sick. In one week he gained 2.5 pounds. We're on the right track to fatten him up! Then the walking may never come! He's still content crawling around. I've got to admit that I'm ready for him to walk.
On Friday we're going to the D.C. temple to see the lights. We found a killer deal on Travelzoo for the Doubletree close to the temple. We're so excited to take the kids and have a little getaway. Hopefully T will decide that it's o.k. to sleep.
I almost forgot to say this too. Jacob calls wet wipes squeezey juice. He takes a wet wipe and squeezes the crud out of it until the solution drips out of the wet wipe. I had no idea what he was talking about the other day when he told me that he needed a squeezey juice. Wayne saved the day there and explained to me what it was. J cannot stand to be dirty.
I'm done wrapping and have had to call Santa Clause once to tattle on Jacob. I was at wits end and nothing seemed to be working. All I had to do was make a call to tell the big man that Jacob was being naughty. He was screaming uncontrollably while I was talking on the phone. As soon as put it down Jacob had tears rolling down his eyes. He asked me if he was on the naughty list. I told him that Santa said to give you one more chance, that you're still on the nice list, but if anything goes wrong you'll be put on the naughty list. He was a perfect angel for the rest of the day.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

4 comments:
sickness...I feel your pain, I cannot wait till spring. If it isnt one, it is the other, I am trying not to go to the doctor (for fear of more illness) too much, but alas I think we are going to have to go again. Fortunately, I like their doctor.
I cant wait to take the kids to a women's basketball game. Merry Christmas.
Words from a Mom who knows how to power-pack food for child wieght-gain: Carnation Instant Breakfast. I cringed when the dr first told me to do it but now I bite the bullet because it really does work.
I love singing to my kids. Each one had their favorite song. Michael's was "You are My Sunshine". Thanks for the good memories!
I bet the santa clause card is the nicest thing right about now. I wonder how much we'll have to use it in the future!! I have a feeling it might be quite a bit.
That is such a funny story... calling santa!
I felt a little bad using that as a threat too! I only did it once!
I totally got 'wet eyes' reading the 'you are my sunshine story'. What a sweet boy you have!
Post a Comment