Thursday, December 07, 2006

Utah trip, California trip, and SICKNESS!


We left for Utah November 12th (yes, the day after the marathon) and made it into Salt Lake City just after 7:00 p.m. (9:00 our time). We were all tired and went to Wayne's parents to crash. The next day my younger sister, Sammie, had her final performance of 42nd Street at her high school. She had a part in it and it was fun to watch her perform. On Tuesday, Wayne and I flew to San Jose, CA for his Stanford interview. We had so much fun and we are so thankful to everyone who helped watch the boys. We stayed in California at Stanford's Guest House for four nights. We were able to look at places we could possibly live, etc. He had his interview on Wednesday. While he was interviewing I checked out the area, went to the mall, and talked to a few people in the ward close to campus. One of the fellows in hemepath is LDS. He invited us to his home to talk about the program and ask questions. He's married and has kids, so it was nice to talk to people that are more in our situation. It made me feel really good about the program if it works out that we match there. On Friday we went to San Francisco. We had never been there before. We took a three hour segway tour of the city. We later walked up and down Fishermans Wharf and of course went to Ghirdelli Square. It was such a fun trip and I am so thankful that we have wonderful family that made it possible.

Jacob turned four on the 22nd, so we had a party at Chuck E. Cheese with family. It was a lot of fun. J was very patient about waiting to open his presents.

Thanksgiving was so much fun! I love having that holiday with family. We went to Alan and Wendy's house along with Wayne's parents and grandfather. I just love his family, all of them, they are wonderful. We later went to my parents house for another scrumptous dinner. Afterwards we rolled into the living room to play spoons. I lost a couple of times. It made Jacob so sad that there wasn't a spoon for me. He was so sad and said, "My mommy needs a spoon." I told him to help me get a spoon next time. He stood up and said, "I'll get you a spoon mommy." He went into the kitchen and came back with a spoon for me. He's got my back! It was VERY sweet.

We took the kids to the new Childrens Museum in Utah. They absolutely loved it. It really was amazing.

Wayne had his Utah interview on the 27th and 28th and then we flew back on December 1st. Unfortunately we caught a nasty bug in Utah. Wayne was super sick on the flight from Dallas to Dulles. He has a stomach of steel. I have never seen him with a stomach bug until that flight. He was really sick for two days. Trevor got sick the day after we came home. He couldn't keep anything down. We were constantly doing laundry and throwing kids in the bathtub. I came down with it on Sunday and Jacob on Monday. Trevor is still not completely well and it has been close to a week. It makes me thankful for health.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, man, sorry everyone has been so sick. Yuck. On the plane too? Ug, that would be awful!

I'm glad you had such a good trip, and how great that you were able to go to CA by yoursleves! Love that! It will be interesting to see where you guys end up!

Glad you had a good T-giving!