Thursday, February 21, 2008

Buttermilk Honey Wheat Bread

This wheat bread is so soft and delicious. I've tried quite a few recipes and they are just dry! The kids eat this one up.

INGREDIENTS:
2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup white bread flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 cups buttermilk, at room temperature

DIRECTIONS:
1. Combine the yeast, whole wheat four, bread flour, baking soda, salt, honey, oil, and buttermilk into pan of bread machine or kitchenaid (for manual).

2. If baking in bread machine use medium temperature setting.

3. If baking in an oven, use manual or dough cycle to knead dough. I use my kitchenaid dough hook and knead until the dough has formed into a ball around the dough hook. Remove and place in a greased loaf pan. Let rise until doubled in size. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

3 comments:

Kara Klc said...

that sounds yummy. I have just about all of the ingredients too. I need to make that one.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for recipes to put my bread maker to good use. Thanks for sharing!

teamstowell said...

can't wait to try it, I love all your recipes!!