Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The kids

Jacob is definitely my BIG BOY. He's been into making Valentines for his friends and cousins. We'll see how far we get, but we have the best intentions to make a Valentine for everyone (we'll see).
Two days ago I made sprinkle pancakes for the boys (I know, mother of the year). Jacob LOVED them and ate 2 1/2, but Trevor (in typical Trevor fashion) just picked at his. After everything was cleaned up I walked into the kitchen to find this. He was just going to town on the sprinkles.


Alexis has almost gained two pounds in one month! I am so excited for our family in Utah to finally see her in April. Her eyelashes are getting so long (just like her daddy's). I finally caught a picture of Alexis in her favorite sleeping position. She loves to sleep on Wayne's chest. He can get her to sleep in less than five minutes. Sometimes she's knocked out as soon as he picks her up and she lays her head down. It is the sweetest thing and I have told Wayne many times that he's in trouble with her! He just adores her.


I'm busy training for my half marathon in April. I am so excited to run it with Kristin in her new hometown of Nashville. My friend, Jaime, is also coming to run it. GIRL POWER! Hopefully we can make destination races together. I'm debating running the Richmond marathon again in the fall. It is HARD to train in upstate NY in the winter. WHEW. I miss being able to run outside all year in Virginia.


Wayne is busy, busy on the Cardiac Critical Care Unit right now. He loves what he is doing and I am so thankful that after a VERY long day in the hospital he comes home content and happy. He is such a great husband and daddy. The kids adore him. Jacob and Trevor's favorite thing to do with him . . . . WRESTLE. They say it the minute he walks through the door.

4 comments:

Burke said...

what daddy could resist the sleeping-on-chest baby tactic? It's pure heaven.

Shane and Myra - Est. 9/9/99 said...

Looks like that little gal has daddy wrapped around her little finger. So cute!

Kara Klc said...

That pancake sure looks yummy!! I had a tiny bit of gag reflex when I saw it :) I can't wait to see all of you guys in April.

Unknown said...

Oh, man, look at those sprinkles!
How exciting for you to go to UT. I think we'll be going this summer.

You are so dedicated to travel around and run. I'm all about local stuff. I certainly want to run a marathon with you! Just wait till I get this baby out!