I felt like it was the night before Christmas last night. Jacob wanted to go to bed at 5:30 because he was so excited. He went to sleep around 7:30, but woke up at 6:30this morning (I guess that's only 1/2 hour earlier than normal). Like Christmas, everything is found/opened and now we're playing. I'm going to post quickly while they're having fun with their bubbles.
Yesterday was a very busy day. Wayne had to go to work, but when the kids were awake we headed straight to the gym and I busted out nine miles on the treadmill. I was so surprised the ladies at the Kidzone didn't need me for Alexis. She fell asleep for an hour while I was exercising. It was great! The boys always love it there. Jacob always finds a friend and it's been fun lately to see Trevor interact with kids other than Jacob and his friends. Yesterday, he found a friend and kept calling him boy because he didn't know his name. All I could hear was, "Come on boy!" and "Let's go boy!" The time before than he was tromping around with a boy named Eric. It's nice that Trevor has changed his tune there. He used to cry everytime I would leave. It broke my heart. I felt like I was leaving him for 10 very long hours.
After the gym we raced home and stuffed eggs for our community Easter Egg hunt. You get as many eggs as you bring. I think Trevor was beat after that. He did not want to run and get eggs! Jacob was going for the gold and Trevor was running the wrong way! He threw his bucket down and shuffled around. I grabbed his hand and raced with him to the very last section with eggs. Once he figured it out he loved it. I was exhausted! Thank goodness for the Baby Bjorn! Alexis was talking about a storm to all of the kids running past her. I think the hunt ended in about five minutes.
As we were walking back home I saw a very handsome guy in scrubs and a long white coat walking toward me. HOORAY! It was 1:00 p.m. and Wayne was HOME! We decided to enjoy a nice afternoon bowling. We went to the bowling alley around 3:00 and there weren't any lanes until 9:30 p.m. The boys were crushed. So we went and rented Mickey and the Three Musketeers. The boys adore this cute little movie. I just finished the fifth Harry Potter book so Wayne and I enjoyed watching the Harry Potter movie when the kids went to bed and we prepared for Easter morning. I think Wayne read the entire Harry Potter series in two weeks. No, he was not on vacation. He is just a crazy fast reader! I'm excited to read the last two.

3 comments:
It looks like you guys had lots of fun. Wish you could have been here, though! Happy Easter
Ali
Wow Haley, I can't believe you accomplished that all in one day. I am duly impressed. With one child I would have done half of that and it would have taken me the entire weekend. You are awesome.
WOW!! A lot in one day! I could never do 9 miles on a treadmill, even when I liked running!!! =) That's impressive!
Post a Comment