Friday, April 04, 2008

Healthy(er) alternatives

Try this next time you need something sweet.

Healthy(er)Brownies:

1 Package brownie mix
1 can black beans

Puree the black beans with juice in a blender. Dump into the brownie mix and cook as directed on the box. That's it! Tons of fiber and protein.

Healthy(er) Cake:

1 Package Cake mix
1 can Diet Coke

Mix the two ingredients together and cook as directed on the cake box.

Sounds crazy, I know, but YUM!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK Haley - I'm sorry, but that sounds DISGUSTING!!! You can have your black bean brownies (ew - I think I just had a little vomit come up in my mouth while I was typing that) and I'll stick to my FAT brownies. My philosophy, if you're going to have a brownie - than HAVE A BROWNIE! Life's too short. ha ha ha - You know that I'm totally teasing you and that I love you! I'm actually really impressed with your dieting & commitment! ;-)

Amberly said...

Hi Haley! I just found your blog! You guys are so cute! Can I add your link to my blog page? Maybe I'll try the black beans in Beau's brownies and see if he can tell the difference. Don't tell!

Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me again! How is your traveling going and all your races? Thinking of you... can't wait to hear about your adventures this month!