I'm glad to see that people are still checking up on me. Even if I haven't posted in the last several weeks. It's been crazy! April 10th the kids and I prepared to leave for Utah. Everything was packed and we drove to Buffalo to fly out on American Airlines. That's right, I said American Airlines. Of course it was the same time that hundreds of flights were being cancelled and ours was one of them. I'm thankful that the gal didn't let us fly to Chicago and get stuck there. She asked me if we could fly out the next day. I asked her if she would fly us out of Rochester and she happily said yes. So we travelled home to a very surprised husband. The airport the next day was crazy. The flight was oversold and the airline was asking for volunteers to give up their seats for vouchers. It would have been tempting if I wouldn't have been travelling with the kids by myself. Thankfully Wayne was able to go through security with me and see us safely off. When we arrived in Atlanta my flight was delayed an additional two hours. Major bummer! We were supposed to leave just after nine and it was changed to 11:00 p.m. The kids were really pretty good, but I was exhausted. At 10:00 there was an announcement that the airport was closed due to lightning and we would be posted as to when it would reopen. I felt like a picture out of the newspaper. People were sleeping on chairs and the floor. We finally got in the air around 12:30 a.m. and hit the sack at my parents house at 3:30 a.m. (5:30 a.m. my time). We had so much fun with family. Alexis was great and slept through the night for the first time while we were there. We went out with Wayne's parents a bunch and hung out with my parents and sisters a lot too. The boys loved this place called Sky High.


It's a huge warehouse looking place with inflatable slides, boxing, jousting, and gladiator like obstacle courses. Funny enough, Jacob loved the obstacle course and made me race with him a few times. I also trumped Ali at the course!! Just kidding Ali. Well I did win, but not by much. haha I bought something at IKEA that was too big to fit in my luggage, bought new clothes for the kids, went to Roger and Beth's house and stayed the night, went to Alan and Wendy's so the kids could play. Jacob just didn't want to leave. It went by so quickly. Oh and I can't forget the SLC half marathon that I ran. It was so much fun and a gorgeous course! I will be running the full one day. I just loved it. I finished in 2:07 something. It was a beautiful day. The course started at the University of Utah's legacy bridge and ended at the Gateway. The run was to benefit those with cancer. I was teary eyed many times throughout the race when I would see a shirt with a picture of a child that said, "In loving memory of . . . ". That is one reason I run. I love that races benefit quality programs and people in need. I'm thankful for cell phones. I have no idea how I would have found my mom in that crowd! Wow!

Here are a few more highlights: My baby sure loves Aunt Meg. She would hold her and slowly turn in circles until Alexis would fall asleep. She had the magic touch!

Jacob told a hilarious knock-knock joke. At least Ryan (14 months) thought it was hysterical. I'm hoping the video uploads for you to see. The boys wrestling with Andrew and playing tag with Eric. Thank you for playing with them!

Jacob let me pull out a loose tooth. He has now lost two teeth!

Jacob discovered a love of catepillars. He picked them up and let them crawl all over him. Even Trevor loved it. Lauren and Savannah were perfectly content to have them put in their little teapots and watch them crawl from a distance.

Trevor tested his bossy skills on Aunt Sammie. When Sam had to go to Young Womens my mom was calling for her to put her shoes on because they needed to leave. Trevor ran to her and said, "Sammie, you need to get your shoes on." She wasn't ready to leave yet and said, "Oh, shizel." Trevor immediately corrected her and said, "Not shizel (and then slowly) SHOES."

We flew to Nashville on the 24th. That flight was better, still two hours delayed, but better. It was so much fun to catch up with Kristin. I can't believe that it's been almost a year since we've seen each other. Nick was a good sport and watched all five kids (5 and under) while we ran the Country Music half marathon. We ordered out from the Cheesecake Factory the night before the race. So yum! We left the next morning at 5:35 with ponchos in hand. It was raining and cold! The race started at 7:00, but with the parking, major traffic, and shuttles to get you to the start line, we didn't get there until 6:57 a.m.! Even still, we crossed the start line at 7:28 a.m. With 32,000 runners we were shipped out in minute increments. We were in corral 14. The rain stopped and the weather was perfect. I just loved hearing the rushing of feet and beeping of chips. I loved seeing the sea of people ahead of me and behind me. It was inspiring. Kristin, Jaime, and I took off. We will definitely be doing this again. After the race we celebrated by ordering pizza. We also visited the Gaylord Opryland hotel and resort (the pictures are on a boat ride we took inside the hotel) and the Zoo later on (after dropping Jaime off at the airport). Thanks so much, Kristin!

The flight home was the best of all. Maybe it was because we were flying from Nashville. Of course Wayne was working until midnight the day we got home. Jacob was the first through the door and said, "Wow, mom! Look at this!" Wayne had huge presents for the kids on the table in the kitchen. Jacob got a huge remote control monster truck. Trevor got a huge car carrier truck with little cars and Alexis got an adorable soft baby doll. Oh, and I can't leave out my very generous Macy's gift card. There was a note that said, "Just because I love you. I missed you!" What a man! Am I the luckiest girl in the world? Yes, I think so.
5 comments:
It was so fun having you here. I wish that video would have uploaded!!! And if I wouldn't have fallen at the last minute I would have won the gladiator course.
It looks like you had a lot of fun. I saw your parents last night at Kaysha's dance recital. Laurel danced in it as well. I couldn't believe how much Kaysha looks like you and Ali. I don't think I have seen her for years. She is a great dancer. Next time you come out, we'll have to get together.
Wow. You've been busy!! Your airline story is horrible!
Wow. You've been busy!! Your airline story is horrible!
HEY! You didn't call me! =( I would have loved to run with you in the race but I am sooo out of shape. I can only run a 10K right now. Keep running... you loose it fast! Looks like you had fun. The flight sounds terrible. I love that sky high place for kids. Fun! Miss ya - Myra
Post a Comment