We've been having so much fun with my parents and sisters (Sam, Kaysha, and Meg). The day after they flew into town we went to Marineland in Niagra Falls, Canada. I've been wanting to take the kids since I saw the commercials last year. I couldn't believe how empty the place was. It makes sense since school is still in session, but we really had the place to ourselves. We immediately saw a show when we entered the park. There were sea lions, dolphins, and seals. It was fun to see how the kids reacted to the show. Trevor was done after 10 minutes. It's a good thing he had his little monkey backpack on (AKA: the harness). He was taking off left and right. After the show we went to a fun family ride area where the kids rode with me and the family. Trevor wanted to ride on a boat ride with me that wasn't so gentle. As we were riding it he was screaming that it was too high and he wanted to go home. As soon as it ended he looked a little scarred, but we ventured on to the little dragon boats that rode around and around. He loved that, but kept talking about the boat that went too high. Jacob had a blast with Sam and Kaysha on all of the rides. He was bummed when he couldn't ride the Rocket that launched you 410 feet into the air. Yes, I went on that ride. I screamed like a little girl. My stomach was a bit knotted up after that. Mom, Sam, and Kaysha decided to ride it again since there was no line. We seriously thought that it wasn't running at all, but there just wasn't anyone riding. Weird, huh? Anyway, after the Rocket we walked over to the roller coaster. After that I went on a ride with my mom and sisters. It was a twisty turny sort of ride. I literally felt sick after it stopped. I was thinking, "please don't throw up. Haley, hold it together!" As soon as I got off the ride I walked slowly towards the stroller to see my Dad waving his arms to come over. Trevor was crying and throwing up. I'm not sure if it was motion sickness or a real sickness, but he was burning up. My mom and I cleaned him up and took everything off. I held him in only a diaper and rocked with him on the bench for about 30 minutes while everyone else went on a few more rides. At that point it was time to check into the hotel and I took Trevor and Lexi with me while Jacob stayed with Kaysha and my Mom. When Jacob came back with everyone he said, "Mom, look what happened." I looked at him and saw a fat lip and missing front tooth. He ran into a pole at Marineland and completely knocked out his tooth. The first aid guy freaked him out because he said if he swallowed too much blood he would throw it up. By the time I saw him he was fine, but he was screaming and saying, "Take the pain away, take the pain away" at Marineland. I thought Trevor was doing better, but he threw up at the hotel too, so I decided to take the kids home and let him be sick at home. I called Wayne on my way home (he had to work) and told him I was coming home. He was waiting for me outside when we pulled in at 9:00. I love that man!
We have some before and after photo's of the whole ordeal.

Jacob and Sam.

Trevor at the show.

Lexi and Kaysha.

Jacob after running into the pole.

Trevor after throwing up the 2nd time.

Lexi someone pulled through.

AAAAHHHH, at least my family was there with me.
4 comments:
Sick kids and a knocked-out tooth? How fast was he going when he hit the pole?
Wayne is a keeper. Too sweet that he was outside waiting for you.
Wow!!! Good thing you were semi close to home.
What a day! Its amazing how even the best planned days can end up crazy! I hope everyone is feeling better!
oh my gosh! Who? When? Where? We HAVE to go on a run ASAP! I need to hear about this one!!
Post a Comment