Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What we've been up to

I feel like I don't have enough time (or energy) to post everything we've been doing for the past few weeks.

Jacob had his last sport camp the second week of August. Hooray! I was worried whether he would like it or not since soccer camp didn't work out the way I was hoping. Thankfully he loved it. The last day of camp was The Big Game. Jacob was so excited. He said they played t-ball and kick ball. I think I went overboard with the sport camps this summer. I'm glad he had fun for the most part, but next year he can choose one. Who knew that his whole summer didn't really need to be planned? I'm new at this.

J is so ready to start Kindergarten next week. We went school shopping for shoes, clothes, a backpack and a few school supplies. Sketchers are his big thing right now. That was really all he cared about.

Trevor is my hilarious Trevor. The other night Wayne was trying to coax him into going upstairs to bed. He was adamate that he wanted a drink. So Wayne said that he could have a drink of water or go to bed. He immediately started to whine that he didn't like water. So Wayne said that we'll go to bed then. "Nnnnnnnooooo! I don't like those choices. Give me different choices!" We just looked at each other and lost it. It was so funny.

Trevor went downstairs today to play. I didn't hear him for a while. That's a warning sign right there. Sometimes I'm ready to whip out the earplugs to silence the constant engine noises that protrude from that little body. I creeped downstairs to peek at what he was up to. Now I couldn't see him either. I walked around the room and finally found him asleep nestled in a huge pile of clean laundry (thankfully) with his nerfgun cradled in his arm. I just had to take a picture and post my huge embarrasement at the laundy underneath.


Alexis is a bundle of energy. She's constantly climbing up those blasted stairs! It's difficult to fit a safety gate because of the railing. I'm just praying that she doesn't tumble down them. It's a game to her now to see how quickly I can get to her. I've got to figure something out there. So we took some pictures on her beloved stairwell.




Wayne had Friday off last week (I wish it would have included the weekend off too). We decided to take the kids to Pineway Park in Spencerport. The kids had a ball. We stopped at a pizzaria on the way home and then Wayne and I went on a date! That's right baby! Thanks Jaime. I feel horrible that Alexis cried the ENTIRE time we were gone.

4 comments:

Jaime said...

K we need to do that water thing sometime, looks like a blast!

teamstowell said...

I knew lanudry piles could serve a higher purpose! That is the best picture!! :::lol tears::: :)
Alexis is so darling! I'm going to have to request more pictures! Lauren wants to say hi to Jacob:
asfkjdifngkfdkig
Hi Jacob!!! Love, Lala

Anonymous said...

Look at all of Alexis's cute hair! That's so funny because Kayla is still my bald, toe-head baby! I'm so sad that we weren't able to get together last month. Let's figure out another time. I totally miss you guys!

Michelle said...

I totally understand the overplanning the summer thing. This summer I only put the boys in one camp, and we were still so busy we didn't have hardly any down time! I can't believe Jacob is starting kindergarten! How do they grow up so fast?
I love the pictures of Alexis on the stairs. We are having the same problem! She crawls to the stairs as fast as she can, and then starts climbing them and giggling because she knows I'll catch her. I can see that same look in the picture of Alexis!
I wish you were closer so we could see you! Maybe we should plan a trip and meet half way!