I seriously cannot find my camera. It has pictures to document Jacob's first day of school, our fun day trip to Seabreeze amusement park, our fun pirate party adventure at Camp Cutler and more.
It's never as much fun posting without pictures. They just paint the picture, but here it goes.
Jacob was so excited to start school last Wednesday. He has afternoon Kindergarten, so we had a TON of time to burn in the morning. He was itching to go. The bus schedule said that the bus would pick up at 12:06 pm, we were out promptly at noon. We waited and waited and waited. Thankfully, Jacob wasn't the only one waiting at the bus stop. Ten minutes passed, twenty minutes, thirty. Finally a phone call was made to the transportation dept. We were told that the bus had already come and gone! They said that they were sending out another bus since the first one was completely off schedule. I thought about taking Jacob to school myself since it had already started, but I think he would have killed me since riding the bus was the most exciting thing about starting Kindergarten. Eventually a new bus came and off he went happy as could be. I think he was about 45 minutes late to school. So my big boy is now officially in school. He was so happy.
A few weeks before school started we decided to take a fun family trip to Seabreeze amusement park here in Rochester. It was packed! We went on a Saturday and the week before school started so I can't say I was surprised. We mostly stayed in the kiddie ride section. The boys had a ball until the final kiddie rollercoaster. They waited forever to go on this and were so excited. They wanted to ride in front and all. As soon as they were strapped in Trevor changed his mind and decided that the rollercoaster wasn't going to be the cup of tea he had dreamed it would be, but it was too late. The ride was beginning. He started screaming that he wanted to get off, but when he realized that there was no way out he held his breath and watched the car go up and up the hill. As soon as it turned the corner his eyes were about ready to pop out of his head. He was scared to death. I saw the relief as the ride came to the end, but it started going up the hill again. He held his breath and the eyeballs started to pop out again. Wayne and I were trying to hold in the laughter, but we laughed until our stomachs hurt.
On Saturday we went to a fun pirate camp party. I was going to take the kids with me and spend the night, but decided at the last minute to head up with Wayne the next morning. That was a smart idea. I don't know how Lexi would have done. We were still able to make it for a pirate pinata, hot dog lunch around the fire, and fishing. The Yermans were awesome to put this together. We had a great time.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

5 comments:
Wow! You have a lot more patience than me for the bus driver. I would have driven him to school! Too funny about the roller coaster ride! Did you get pictures of his face? What a great way to end the summer! -Suzanne
I wish that you had video of Trevor on the roller coaster! I can't stop laughing just thinking of it.
I would have paid money to see Trev's face. That made my day Haley!
Funny, funny. I cannot stop laughing. Great describing the roller coaster. You couldn't have painted a better picture!
Holy cow!! I can't believe the bus was so early! Hopefully Jacob's not scarred for life!
Post a Comment