Saturday, January 24, 2009

Scanner, you are my friend.

Oh the days before digital cameras. That was our first five years of marriage. Well, before we could afford one anyway. We were not the best at taking pictures. We were married for four and a half years before Jacob made his debut. I'd take what we have now anyday, but those were years I'll always treasure. I wish I would have kept a steady journal during that time, but here are some memories from years past. Yes, before our digital days. Oh, and Scanner, I'm so happy you came into my life. Thank you babe!


Wayne and I went to the same highschool. He just graduated by the time I was a sophomore, but we went to Homecoming together four months after I graduated highschool. I'm glad we weren't the only alumni there.




This was a fun photo scavenger hunt we did at Walmart. I've been told that you can't do things like this anymore. I was a little nervous at first to ask others to take pictures of us, but we had a blast! My sister, Ali, is in the pictures with us along with her date.

Do it again! Some fun engagement photos. These are a bit pixley because I blew them up from a tiny little proof.


Another non silly engagement photo.

After a seven month engagement we are FINALLY married! This was in the Joseph Smith Memorial building. It was POURING rain outside most of the day.

At our reception.

We actually had pictures taken at Homecoming. Ha ha ha.

Check out Wayne's tricep. We worked out for at least an hour and a half four days a week throughout most of our engagment. Somehow I gained weight and he got thinner. Please read about the Brick Oven in the post below.

This picture was taken on our honeymoon. We were on a dinner cruise in Hawaii.

Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. I think we did this in 1999, maybe it was 2000. I was Dorcas and he was Benjamin.

If you look close enough you can see lipstick all over Wayne's face. He was attacked . . . . . by me.

My graduation from the University of Utah. I was sicker than a dog! Pregnancy was NOT what we expected. I was so, so sick. We went to celebrate in Las Vegas. Wayne walked around the casino while I puked my guts out in the hotel room. Here's a story I can laugh about now. We went a breakfast buffet at the Stratosphere. I was SLOWLY eating and could feel myself on the verge of losing it. Wayne asked me if I was ok and I just nodded. It wasn't two seconds later that I stood up and tried to find a bathroom. To my horror, there was no bathroom and I would have had to walk through the casino to get to one. The smoke would have been enough to make me lose it all over the gaming tables. I turned and found the nearest exit sign and tried to walk casually to the door. It all started to come up. I started running. Vomit was spewing all over. I caught most of it with my hands and ran through the door. All that surrounded me was flowers. I threw it in the flowers and tried to clean off as much as I could. I walked back into the buffet. Looked at Wayne. He looked at me up and down and asked me if I wanted to leave. I nodded. It was awful, awful, horrible, disgusting, humiliating. Need I go on? Get the picture Kaysha? Sorry, inside joke.

6 comments:

Angie said...

I remember all of you in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Wil and I went on a date to see you all. We loved it!
I hate being pregant...I am sick like you the whole time. At Ali's wedding. I was in line waiting to shake their hands in the temple and had to run to the exit of the room, and Wil followed me. I was covering my mouth hoping not to throw up in the temple...Wil had to push me towards the bathroom. It was miserable. Ha Ha funny now, but it wasn't so much then!

Ali Jones said...

Good times, good times. I can't imagine going to vegas being sick. Yeah at least you can laugh about it now. And I forgot about that scavenger hunt, that was fun huh?

Ali Jones said...

yes, two comments from me. Eric thinks the sleeves on your wedding dress look bigger than your head. I wonder what the style will be like when our kids get married???

Jaime said...

Oh you guys look so cute! That was so fun to see you guys years a go! The years have done you well...you both look even better than ever!

kaysha said...

bahahaha yes haley i do get the picture but hahahahahahahahahahaha that is a pretty good story hehe :)

Unknown said...

Wow you had some SERIOUS poof in those sleeves! (wedding dress)

Love looking through those picts! So fun!

We should get together soon! I am due at the end of this month! Can you believe it? Crazy!

Love that Alexis is 'not so innocent'!!! Cute girl!