We had a great time in Utah. The funeral was a wonderful tribute to Wayne's grandpa and we had so much fun with both families. Here's a quick rundown:
We arrived on New Years Day. The flight was good, but early. We left at 6:50 a.m.
My mom volunteered to watch the kids so Wayne and I could go on a date. We had a blast driving down to Provo and visiting the old stomping grounds. BYU has changed a ton in seven years! It seems so long ago that we lived there. We had to eat at the Brick Oven. We laughed about how much food we used to eat there when we were first married. It think we thought we needed to get our money's worth. We downed that soup, salad, and pasta bar like we were bears getting ready for winter. Could be why I gained some weight after we were married. hmmmmmm.
For dinner we met Wayne's family at the Do Do at the Gateway. YUM! My stomach was so full by the end of the day. We LOVED the Tollhouse cookie pie. I was going to ship one home to Wayne after he left because he said it was one of his favorite desserts, but soon realized that it wasn't the smartest idea. Maybe I could find a copycat recipe.
Right after dinner we went to the viewing. It was a first for Wayne and several of his brothers. He went for his mom. It is NOT his thing. He has repeatedly told me to not have a viewing for him if that day ever came.
The next day was the funeral. It was so sweet to learn about his grandpa, the pilot, entrepreneur, scientist, engineer, gardener, you name it I think he did it. He saw much success in his life. I can see where Wayne received a lot of his drive.
Wayne flew home and I stayed in Utah for another week.
The kids had an absolute blast with their cousins.
We went the Childrens museum, Dinosaur museum, and Jumping Jacks playland.
Jacob had a sleepover with one of his favorite cousins, Max. I've been told that they played and played some more. When Jacob said some medical term Alan and Wendy said, "Wow Jacob! Are you going to be a doctor?" He looked at them with a little disgust and said, "Why would I want to be a doctor? I'm going to be a pilot!" He was so sad when I came to pick him up. Thanks again guys! We hope you come visit us soon!
Lexi had her first dressup with Niki. They were both Snow White. Kara, please send me the picture you took. It was too adorable. The boys played with boas, but of course, they were furry snakes.
Trevor dodged kisses from his cute little cousin the night before we left. She tried and tried to hug him, but he looked at her, tired, and said, "I don't speak Spanish. I speak English."
I was seriously worried about the flight home, but it was amazing. The kids were awesome.

3 comments:
I will post some pictures on my blog soon. Nikki had so much fun with them.
The whole "I don't speak spanish" comment by Trev was hilarious. I hope I never forget that!!
Sounds like a fun trip! Lexi looks so cute in her dress-up...adorable!
Loved the post about you and Wayne; what a cute couple!
Post a Comment