A few things worth noting. Three weeks ago I fell down our basement stairs. Wayne saw me trying frantically to regain my balance and to no avail clonck down the stairs flat on my backside. Although it was quite embarrasing I found myself laughing when I was laying in the fetal position on our rock hard floor with Wayne examining me to make sure I was ok. Oh, it hurt. I couldn't walk well for three days. Those blasted stairs. I have fallen down them more than anyone. Don't get me wrong. I would rather be the one to take the fall, but what? Seriously. WHAT!?! I would have taken a picture to show the nasty purple and black bruises that tatooed my body for two weeks, but to spare further embarassment and blocked filters I will leave it to your imagination.
Two weeks ago I fell asleep with my contact lenses in. I have only done that a few times since my eye ulcer scare five years ago. I woke up with a goopy, red, light sensitive eye. It felt like a cat had creamed it with its claws. I thought it was pink eye, but after paging Wayne he called me and said, "That's not pink eye. You need to get into the Opthomologist." He immediately called the urgent clinic and made me an appointment for an hour later. Thank you doctor! I had some weird infection. Kertisis or something. Many, many drops later I was better and am now hoping to avoid anything exciting for at least a month.
We're heading to Pennsylvania and Virginia next week! We're so excited for a vacation! Wayne has been working like crazy and after 14 days straight of work we're all ready for a break.
Jacob had his first little league baseball clinic last Saturday. A few of his buddies are signed up as well. That should be fun. He is completely into Star Wars right now and loves his time when he can play Lego Star Wars with his Dad on the Wii.
Trevor is now signed up for preschool in the fall. He has told me many times that he does NOT want to go to preschool. I know he'll have a good time. It's hard to change his schedule. Take Sunbeams for example. The first month his teachers were greeted with a screaming child that was trying to run away or a glorious car engine noise that accompanied the entire music, sharing, and class time. He was even a subject of discussion at the Primary Presidency Meeting. Poor Katie Christensen asked me how they could make his experience more enjoyable. I've resorted to putting him in the "baby" carseat when he refuses to go. We're slowly making progress and by the time preschool rolls along Sunbeams should be old news that I'll laugh about. Let's hope.
On Sunday Lexi somehow opened the lid of a gallon of Canola Oil and built a lake as she dumped half of it on the kitchen floor. I was falling all over the place trying to retrieve the oil. She could sense my displeasure and immediately picked up paper towels, got on her hands and knees, and said, "No. No!". I never thought I'd be able to clean it up. It seemed like it was just getting pushed around and wasn't soaking into anything but clothes, of course. It's semi normal now. I'm hoping that by 2010 we will have a non-slippery kitchen floor.
Wayne is still 99.99% Hospitalist. I reserve the .01%. Our motto is the only certainty is uncertainty.

3 comments:
Gosh, maybe I should be thinking about preschool for Nikki too. It's crazy to think that she and Trevor will be starting kindergarten the same year. That is hilarious that he was talked about in primary presidency meeting.
Oh Haley! You didn't tell me about the little mishaps you've gone through lately! Must have happened while I was away? You poor thing! Even if you're the only one in the house falling down the stairs, I know I've done that too, you just feel so stupid like how could that have happened I'm thirty for goodness sakes! I guess it hasn't hurt your ability to run 10 miles! Glad you're okay! The oil - oh man, that makes me laugh - just don't fall again!
I don't believe Lexi could ever make a mess. She never gets into anything!! Wow!!! You have your hands full!!!
Post a Comment