Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

A few days before Father's Day Wayne received a call from one of the chief residents. He said that he was being pulled for a 27 hour CCU shift on Sunday. Wayne said that it was fine and that was that. As soon as he hung up the phone he said that he needed to work Sunday and my face dropped. "It's Father's Day!" I exclaimed. I had plans, big plans. I was noticeably unhappy about it and he immediately called back the chief and told him that it was Father's Day and how unhappy I was about it (in a very nice way of course). The chief was totally nice about it and said that he completely forgot and he would try to work something else out. Well, in the end he still had to work the shift. The people Wayne work with are great and it was for a guy whose wife just had a baby, so I obviously understand. We celebrated Saturday instead with pulled pork fajita's and a fun present for Wayne. This is the first year I have not been pregnant or nursing for a very long time. I wanted to do something really fun. We hung up five pieces of paper on the wall. They were numbered. He had to find number one and so on and put it all together to figure out his present.

The first paper said "You and Mom"
The second, "July 22nd"
The third, "4:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m." (He was really stumped at this point)
The fourth, Our Jetblue reservations to JFK
The fifth, Westside story

Oh he is excited. You deserve it babe! I'm way excited to tag along too ;). Thanks for being the best Daddy to our three beautiful kiddos!

A big, huge Happy Fathers Day to my Dad and Wayne's Dad too. We love you both so much!

Jacob just finished little league baseball. He loved it! It's been his favorite thing yet. I've caught him strutting around all studly in his uniform outside. He's pretty proud of it. A few weeks ago he was talking to one of his friends (who happens to be a girl.) He said all macho, "Yeah, I'm going to baseball. It's pretty hard." I think he's most proud of the trophy. Way to go Jacob! You did great this season!


I have to post this before I forget. I took the kids with me to the mall today. My plan was to go straight to Bath and Body Works to get some shower gel. I love that stuff! We passed Victoria's Secret and they had their product on sale. So I mosey into the store with three little kids. They were surprisingly good and I was able to get some shower gel there too. We had to walk through the lingerie section of the store to checkout and the kids were still amazing! Trevor was as quiet as can be. As soon as I paid and we were almost out of the store Trevor said, "It is BEAUTIFUL in here." Whoa buddy! Should I be a little worried? The testoserone level is up a notch with that kid. I laughed all morning over that though.

Lexi is into saying Mine, No, Push and all other contrary words. Her latest is "Hold you me." She used to say, "hold me". It was so, so cute. Then we would say, "You want me to hold you?" and she would say yes. Then she started to say, "Hold you?" and we would say, "No, say hold me." So, she would say, "hold you?" and again we would say, "say hold me." Now she has resorted to saying, "hold you me" to avoid any confusion.

3 comments:

Angie said...

That is so funny. Last time I walked by there zach started cracking up and I was like what's so funny??? That lady has a big old butt....it was a big close up of their nice new underwear... ha ha

Jules said...

HAHAHHA! Kids are hilarious. Who's watching the munchkins so you can see West Side Story? i love that show.

Jaime said...

I missed this post! I love it, Haley! You're kids are the funniest things...VS is quite beautiful! Ha Ha~