Saturday, May 15, 2010

12 Things I Love About You

Twelve years ago today, at about this time, I was sitting in the Salt Lake Temple feeling extraordinarily blessed. Twelve years later as I write this post, I can only think that my marriage to Haley has surpassed anything and everything I thought it would be. I am humbled that such a beautiful, talented, and intelligent woman would share her life with me. So to mark our 12th anniversary, here are twelve things I love about Haley:

1) Your 1,000 megawatt smile can make an awful day melt away and be replaced with my own goofy grin in reply.

2) You have an amazing voice. I fell for you when I heard you sing "God Help the Outcast" on our first date. I still love to come home to you sitting at the piano and singing.

3) You are educated, articulate, intelligent, and strong. I pray that Alexis will follow your example, and be the type of woman you exemplify.

4) You allow me not only to dream, but encourage and support me when I pursue those dreams.

5) You are an incredible mother and friend to our children.

6) You trust me enough to be willing to potentially move to Rochester, MN for another four years of snow and cold, despite the fact that your heart longs for the beautiful warm weather of North Carolina.

7) You are my best friend, confidante, and soul mate.

8) You are driven, determined, and unafraid to chase your own dreams, but are selfless in your pursuits. (Did that sound too much like a fortune cookie??? Oh well, I'm always looking for a back up plan if this medicine thing does not pan out.)

9) Despite the fact that you ask every day, you accept the fact that I never know when I will be home from the hospital and accept it despite the countless nights that you have had to put the kids down to sleep by yourself.

10) You are more beautiful today then the day we were married.

11) You are a true fried.

12) Marathoner legs. I could wax eloquent on this subject, but given the current forum...... Enough said.

Happy anniversary, Haley. I love you now and forever. Thank you for allowing me my very own little slice of fairy tale.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So sweet! You Ormsby boys know how to do an anniversary! Remember, we share the same anniversary with you two. I don't know how I got so lucky getting my Ormsby boy? Although, you, Wayne, got the lucky end of your deal, didn't you? Haley is an amazing woman!

Natalie said...

Wow. So beautiful and touching. I love and admire the both of you. Thank you for your wonderful example.