Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Baltimore

Wayne had a chief conference in Baltimore inner harbor last week. He stayed at the Marriott on the harbor and was there for four days. He had mentioned months before how great it would be if I could come the last night. I didn't think it would work out seeing that we were taking a little getaway for his interview in Ohio and that we were planning on celebrating our anniversary in Toronto, BUT I found roundtrip, direct airfare for $70. Seriously. How could I NOT do it. Everything else was paid for. So, I booked it.

Was gone for about 24 hours.

Arrived at the hotel at 5:30 p.m.

Ate some grub with my hubby.

Had a blast with Wayne at the Yankee/Orieles game at Camden Yards. (Thank you Dr. B!!)



Stayed on the 24th floor in a corner room with walls of windows that overlooked the harbor.



Walked along the harbor and grabbed breakfast at Panera.

Caught the shuttle, found out the only seats left on the plane were 'upgrade' tickets and was 'upgraded' for free, went through security BY MYSELF, bought some yummy chocolates for my kiddos, read a book, boarded the plane, took a nap, arrived in Rochester, picked up the protesting kids in time for lunch (Thanks so much Lisa and Dan!!).

Ahh, what a great trip.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That sounds like the perfect little getaway! We're planning a trip to Toronto soon too... love that it's only a few hours away. But I wonder when Ben and I will be able to travel just the two of us. Doesn't look like anytime soon!