Wednesday, June 09, 2010

New stuff

It's a grey, rainy day. Perfect for me to get some blogging done.

The last Friday of May Trevor graduated from preschool. He was scared to death. I wondered if he was going to break down, but he held it together and later told me how he didn't like standing in front of all of those people. It's funny though, if you give him a microphone he could stand in front of people all day long. The cutoff for Kindergarten is December 1st in New York. There was no question that we would send him to preschool for another year before he starts up kindergarten. Trevor and Halle have been buds this year. Not only will he miss her, I will miss our carpool! Annie, are you sure you can't stay one more year?






As I was thumbing through Jacob's school folder this morning, I found a little story that he wrote.
I was impressed. He is a smart little cookie. The reading specialist read it and said, "You should skip 1st and 2nd grade and move right onto 3rd." Jacob was really cute when he said it. He told me, "It was just a compliment Mom." I thought . . . oh, my humble little boy. Until we went outside and he saw some of his friends and then said, loudly, "Well, maybe I can move onto 3rd grade. My teacher said I should move onto 3rd grade." AND and that point we had a little discussion about humility. That being said, he is becoming a great little baseball player, swimmer and biker. He and Wayne went on a 17 mile bike ride last Saturday and a 15 mile bike ride the Saturday before that. They pack up a bunch of Gatorade and make a little stop to grab sandwiches or ice cream along the way. Jacob is determined to ride 50 miles at the end of the summer. Wayne told him that if they work up to it that they would make a day of it and ride 50 miles. Most likely to Palmyra and back on the Erie Canal trail. He reminds me of the little engine that could. Wayne told me that at the end of the ride they go about 4 miles per hour because Jacob is so beat, but as soon as they walk through the door he immediately starts talking about next weeks bike ride.

Wayne's graduation dinner is this Friday. It's at a fancy smancy restaurant here in Rochester. He was voted by the majority of residents to give the graduation speech. He's been slammed with new intern orientation that starts next week, of which he has a three hour presentation and fun photo scavenger hunt that he's in charge of. We're super excited that residency is coming to a close and the more humane schedule that is around the corner.

Most of you know I have had a yellow tooth for a while now. I guess it's been about eight years. I had become really self conscious about it. The thing died of trauma suffered as a cheerleader in high school. One for the team, ONE FOR THE TEAM! Seriously, I was amazed it was still in my mouth the few times I was hit while stunting. Well folks, I finally had it fixed. Can I say how much I love it. It is subtle, but I know people aren't staring at my yellow tooth anymore.


Alexis is riding a little two wheeler princess bike with training wheels. She's an animal. She rides faster than Trevor. I feel like she needs a horn to warn people she's closing in on them. I just hope she doesn't break something this summer. She also an animal in the water. She absolutely loves the swimming pool. I can hardly keep up with her. She jumps in the water whether I'm ready or not.

Bring on Summer.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Alan and I were wishing we could come out and go to your grad. dinner! Wouldn't that be great if we could just jet out there and see you guys? Congrats on the tooth :) Nice to hear about your cute kids. Miss you guys, though :(