Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Baltimore half marathon

The second weekend in October my Mom and Meg flew out here to stay for a while and watch the kids while Wayne and I drove to Baltimore for him to run the Baltimore half marathon.  Mom and Meg flew into Buffalo on a Thursday, Wayne and I left on Friday and drove home Sunday.  The drive was beautiful.  Fall is the perfect time of year to drive down the east coast. 

Wayne has been dreading this race.  I don't know, may be too strong, but he wasn't excited to run it.  You see, he lost a bet to me a while ago and had to run a marathon.  We figured chief year would be a perfect time to train, but he has been working more than we anticipated.  The half was perfect. 

We went to Expo and I said, "This is so fun!!  Aren't you pumped up?"   He gave me that look like, "Are you crazy!!"  He was just excited to get out of the droves of people.   There were 10,000 half marathoners, 4800 marathoners and I don't know how many participated in the 5K.  It was busy.  It made me all the more thankful that the kids weren't with us.

Our hotel was right on the marathon course.  It was about mile 9.  We were able to see the elite marathoners run by before we headed out to the start for the half.  It was incredible to see how fast people can move and look like it's no big deal. 

It was so fun to be the spectator/cheerleader.  I saw Wayne just before mile 1 and at the finish. 
At the Residence Inn just before we left for the starting line. 



At the finish just after running through Camden Yards Stadium and ending at the M&T Bank Stadium.  I'm so proud of my man.  You've paid up babe.

We love Inner Harbour and sure enjoyed the Cheesecake Factory, Chipotle and Marble Slab ice cream.  What a great trip.

A huge THANK YOU to Mom and Meg for watching our three crazies.  I'm glad you still love them. :)

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I have to say that I am so impressed! When do you find time to train??!! Way to go.