We drove down early on New Years Eve. I bought some tickets for the family to a party called Midnight at Seven. It was perfect for the kids. The doors opened at 6:30 and the party lasted until 8:00 p.m. It took place at a Festival of Lights. We were able to walk around and see all of the lights, maneuver our way through the masses of people to grab food and at 7:00 p.m. fireworks were let off. I told Wayne how great it was because fireworks on the 4th of July start at 9:30 p.m. here. The weather was awesome. It was close to 60 degrees. Aaahhh, warm weather. How we miss you.
On New Years Day we took the metro into D.C. The kids wanted to see the air and space museum. When we walked inside Jacob's eyes bulged a bit as he saw airplanes suspended from the ceiling. He is constantly telling us how he is going to be a pilot when he grows up. Trevor saw the space satellites and couldn't get enough of the hands on exhibits. Lexi thought it was a great place to run and hide. As I'm yelling her name again and again and AGAIN I peek around a corner and there she is squatting down with a satisfied grin on her face. After trying to explain the importance of not playing hide and seek she attempted it one more time before she realized I was completely serious. We caught a 3-D Imax movie. The kids were dodging things as they popped out on the screen and Lexi could not figure out why she couldn't grab the objects right in front of her face.
Wayne and I giggled like little kids watching them watch the show. It was pretty amazing. Watching 3D in Imax is completely different from 3D in the regular movie theater.
Pictures of the kids playing on the national mall. What a treat to play on grass in January.
Jacob really wanted to see the White House, but Lexi and Trevor were spent. This was the first time that we haven't taken a stroller with us. Our hotel was right off the metro in Bethesda, so I took the two younger ones back to the hotel while Wayne and Jacob walked to the White House. He really wanted to go inside and see the president. We had to explain a few times that it doesn't work that way. I think he was satisfied
with this.
That night we went to Maggiano's. Oh how we love this Italian place. The Rigatoni D is a must here!!
After Maggianos we drove to the temple to check out the lights.
That next weekend Wayne and I went to his annual Christmas party at the Country Club of Rochester. We had a great time dressing up, eating some delicious food and spending time together. I love this party. It's weird that it was the last one that we'll attend.

3 comments:
Haley you look great. Sounds like a fun way to spend new years too!
That is a fun getaway, you were right! I can see what a great place that would be to spend New Years + now after talking you ALWAYS doing the two room thing and I'll always think of you - so smart!
You stinkers! You didn't call us! What was this party? I have never heard of it. Where was it?
Post a Comment