Saturday, January 08, 2011

Christmas

We had such a great Christmas this year.  I started up the music while Wayne pulled out the camcorder.  He taped the kids opening a few gifts before it was a free for all.  It didn't take long before everything was opened and we were engulfed with new toys and goodies.  We told the kids that they could wake up at 5:30 a.m. since Wayne had to go to work at 6:30 a.m. for a few hours.  The timing was perfect.  The christmas souffle was ready just before Wayne walked through the door.
Before . . .

Jacob's stash . . .

 Trevor cracked me up.  This marshmallow shooter was supposed to be a toy electric guitar.  I wondered at the size of the cardboard box it had been shipped in, but said clear as day Electric Guitar on the sticker invoice attached to it.  As I was wrapping Christmas Eve imagine my surprise when a Marshmallow Shooter came sliding out of the box.  Trevor LOVES it.  I wish I would have had marshmallows for him to shoot on Christmas day.
 Alexis made my life super easy this year.  She wanted lip gloss.  She loves her beauty kit, dress ups, slippers, outfits and, of course, Hello Kitty lip gloss.

That afternoon we went sledding at Highland Park.  I bought Wayne some snow pants and boots for Christmas.  We are all FINALLY all outfitted and ready for anything "snow". 

The hills were pretty steep and the snow was really packed.  I wondered how Trevor and Lexi would like it.  No sooner than Jacob took off down the hill I see that Trevor had set down the saucer and took off on a pretty scary hill.  I held my breath and crossed my gloved fingers that he would at least smile at the end.  He jumped up, giggled, stomped up the hill and went down again and again.  Who is this child??  He figured out that if he went down on his tummy his feet could either steer him or slow him down a bit. 

Jacob took some pretty hard jumps.  One was as he was turning on the saucer.  We heard a collective "WHOA" from a bunch of people that were there as he did an unintentional back flip off of the biggest jump.  He held it together really well knowing that a bunch of people were watching him, but that was the last time he went down that particular run.
Lexi loved it until the end when her lack of sleep was evident.  When I was filming I asked, "Was that fun?"  She looked at me, shook her head and simply said, "No."  The pictures are at the beginning when

Love this sweet picture.  Daddy was the hero for little Lexi. 
 I can't leave out that Wayne bought me a new Coach purse with matching wallet.  That, along with a four pack Pilate's Reformer training session at my gym.  Talk about spoiled rotten.  I was in heaven. 

Hopefully Wayne and I can hit the greens sometime in the future.  I bought two passes to Play Better Golf with analysis and a month of anytime access to practice your swing.  Wayne's always talked about learning together . . . so here we go!  That along with the rest of his snow gear topped it off this year.



                                                                                           

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Coach purse AND wallet?!! you didn't tell me about those! What a great gift! And the reformer with Jill of course ;)