I just returned from a weekend in Minnesota. I flew out for the weekend with the sole purpose of buying a house. A house, in two and half days. I've been researching online for six months now. Wayne saw me online multiple times a day checking out homes, schools and subdivisions. I was ready to get the show on the road and hopefully find that place we will be for the next four years of our life.
I stayed with my wonderful friend Shelly. She moved there from New York last June. It was so great to see her and catch up. It seemed like it had been a week since we last saw each other, not eight months. I love those kinds of friends. She was a plethora of information and helped me out a ton.
My flight arrived in Minnesota at 9:30 a.m. I looked at a house that morning and went out with a realtor for the afternoon. When I walked through Shelly's door my brain was fried. I thought I narrowed things down. The real estate agent had booked nine more showings for the next day. I questioned if I even wanted to go and see more homes, but in the end decided that I better.
I was mentally exhausted. This was such a huge decision. I thought about resale value, ages of kitchens, parks that were nearby, shopping nearby, blah, blah, blah. I loved the first home that I saw. I had that feeling you get when something seems right. I'm so glad it's the house that we're buying.
Now I'm ready to get things moving along. Don't get me wrong, I will miss New York. I will mostly miss my wonderful friends here, but I'm excited for our new adventure.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago


6 comments:
I love it! I can't wait to hear all about you weekend.
This is so exciting! The house is beautiful.
So excited for you! It looks great!
I know EXACTLY what you are saying...I booked a realtor this morning and found a few homes to show him what I'm thinking. It's so exciting but nerve racking as well and we're just renting! I think you definitely got it right and I'm so, so SO excited for you!
your blog! of course! The house looks great! We'll miss you, but on to bigger and better things, right:)
my word verification is bratbut
i had to share that with someone.
I love it! Where is it at? What neighborhood? I am happy for you.
Post a Comment