Saturday, June 04, 2011

Red Wings baseball night

Tonight was Jacob's baseball night at the Red Wings game.  The first 1000 kids in the gate were given a Red Wings pillowcase.  Jacob was given the last one.  He feels like he won the jackpot.  

Flocks of young baseball players gathered early to march in the annual parade on the field.  He had a blast with his team. I think I wasn't too shabby a date myself.


As soon as that was done he was ready for the best part of the game . . .  the food.  Nachos, to be exact.  He's talked about it all day long.

On the field during the parade

J and some of his teammates

In Jacob's words, "Peace, Yo."

"Take a picture of me, Mom."

Don't ask, I really don't know.

This horse is made out of mitts.

Jacob and the pillowcase
After purchasing some very overpriced nachos we found our seat and watched the game.  We cheered, laughed, clapped and spouted off some silly jokes.  Good times with my big boy.

Halfway through we had to leave because I needed to get the babysitter home, er kidsitter as my children so fondly remind me.  Wayne is out of town this weekend.

The best part of the night . . . when Jacob said, "Mom, this was delightful."  I smiled and looked at him and he said, "What?  It was."  I agree buddy, I agree.

No comments: