Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Bedtime stories - girls edition

I'm packing things up.  The movers are coming in 2 1/2 weeks and my two youngest sisters are coming into town for a full week of that time.  I'm trying to get almost everything packed before they arrive next Tuesday.  Clothes, pictures, toys, and all of the books are packed.  Which brings me to the bedtime routine.  We always read a book before bed. 

Tonight, instead of a picture book, I made up a story about Princess Posey (a well loved nickname that my Mom has given Alexis, well I added the princess).  It included monsters, adventure, a hansome stranger (prince), and of course, the princess.  She loved it and insisted on another story. 

I told her to tell the story this time.  She said with glee, "Ok!  Once Upon A Time there was a princess that was locked up in a tower.  A monster took her and threw her into a fire . . . and she died!" 

The End. 

Morbid.

2 comments:

Kara Klc said...

That made for a good morning laugh! She is so funny.

Jaime said...

Fun to catch up on your blog! I cannot get over that hair on Lexi! It is AWESOME!! She is hilarious, I think having 2 brothers affected that story just a bit ;) Cannot believe you are moving so soon - good luck! Can't wait to see the posts when you get to MN!