I have said it a million times. I lucked out with my running girlfriends here. We wake up ridiculously early to log those miles. We've been dubbed "The Crack Team" by Eileen's friend because we wake up at (or before) the crack of dawn. During marathon training we run through almost anything. Boston training runs were mostly below 15 degrees and often zero or below. Many times my peripheral vision suffered because my eyelashes would freeze shut at the corners and I would need to peel them apart. The tiny hairs on my face seemed to sprout white, but instead were freezing and collecting frost. I now understand what runners mean when they say Winter Warrior.
Last year, during a run, Eileen and I decided to take a girl trip to New York City before I moved away. Sniff sniff. I can't believe that it has come and gone. Cat, Eileen and I went last weekend and it was a BLAST!!!
Cat was the party planner. She knows how to plan a trip. I will gladly hand over the reins from here on out. . . . no questions asked. :)
After the plane landed I figured we would take the train or a taxi into the city. I was wrong. Cat had booked a private ride for us to the hotel. After waiting a bit Eileen saw a sleek black stretch limo pull past us and park. She said, "There goes our ride." We laughed. Not five minutes later the driver walked past us with Cat's name on his sign. We looked at each other and simultaneously read each other's minds. Really? REALLY?
The limo drove us to our four star hotel, The Blakeley. It was amazing.
| Chelsea Market |
We headed to breakfast and then to Chelsea Market. I had no idea this existed. It was awesome. Cupcakes, brownies, chocolates, breads, gelato, soups, seafood . . tons and tons of delicious food. Right up my alley I tell you.
Then we headed to Highline Park, an old elevated train track that has been converted into a walkway/park. We were able to see a whole new side of the city. It was beautiful.
| Cat, Eileen, Me in Times Square |
| Toys R Us on Times Square - had to show the kids |
After the musical we went back to the hotel to get fancied up for dinner at Babbos, Mario Batali's restaurant. Cat had quite the time with reservations. You have to make a reservation one month before you want to dine . . . to the day. So, exactly one month before we would be there Cat called when the reservation line opened at 10:00 a.m. She was on hold for one hour! When she was finally taken off hold the only reservations left were for 6:00 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. WHAT!?! The food was amazing. I tried octopus and LIKED it. Shocking, I know. I guess if you're going to try something new, do it at a world renowned chef's restaurant.
We walked around Greenwich Village after dinner, did a little shopping, took the subway back to the hotel and crashed. HARD.
The next morning we woke up, packed up, went to breakfast and rode a taxi back to JFK. I was home by noon. What a whirlwind trip. I had such a fabulous time. I will miss you girls!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment