Monday, February 17, 2014

Winter problems . . .

I'm just going to say it, "I am beyond sick of winter!"  After a barrage of sickness, -60 temperatures, and snow, I am ready to move to Oregon right now.  This morning we had a winter storm warning until 3:00 p.m.  During that time we were estimated to get 3-6 inches of snow.  We shoveled about six inches two days ago. I'm over it.  Snow on Christmas is magical.  Snow in February is downright annoying.  After the storm passed, I walked outside and started to clear the driveway.  The birds were chirping away as it was a balmy 23 degrees.  They were going crazy this morning.  Wayne said it sounds like they are having a wet t-shirt contest out there.  I'm ready to chainsaw that dang bush down. Those birds are having a constant party.

It took about an hour to shovel the driveway.  As I was finishing the snowplow came and dumped another 3 inches of HEAVY snow.  I'm not sure if I wanted to laugh or cry.  I said a silent prayer of thanks for a strong and healthy body as I was literally throwing the snow on the top of the snow pile.


See the mailbox?  It is completely covered.

Alexis came and "helped" me.  After two steps and the landing she was finished and decided to tromp through the snow.  After climbing all over digging holes and getting stuck a few times she decided to head inside.
Isn't she the cutest winter girl you've ever seen??

Did I mention Trevor has been sick all weekend?  No?  After six days of on and off fever, chills, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, and shaking that has waxed and waned I finally took him to the doctor.  He really seemed to be getting better.  I just found out he is positive for Strep.  Poor guy.  Thankfully we can get him on antibiotics and get it taken care of.  

No comments: