Monday, January 20, 2014

Swim Meet weekend

All of the kids were signed up for a swim meet just south of Minneapolis this past weekend.  This was the first time that they all swam at an away meet.  It was amazing to not have to entertain Trevor and Alexis while Jacob swam.  We love watching them jump in the water and swim their hearts out.  Alexis was one of the youngest at the meet.  Wayne and I were pretty proud!  Jacob made some new best times and Trevor and Alexis were amazing.

When I had taken Trevor and Alexis to swim practice on Friday one of the other moms said that they booked a hotel and were heading to the cities that night because of the snow storm coming overnight.  I called Wayne and asked if he wanted to head up early too.  He was completely on board, so I booked a stay at the Residence Inn.  It was awesome.  It was an old apartment complex converted into a hotel.  Our room had two rooms and two bathrooms with a full kitchen and living room.  It's the only way to travel.  Even with that, Jacob woke up at 4:30 a.m.  I think we slept about five hours.  We looked outside and there was a lot more snow than we thought.  I was so thankful that we made the trip the evening before.

We headed out to the meet.  The roads were terrible, but we made it.

The meet started out rough for Jacob.  He's working through his nerves.  As the morning progressed he was a bit better.  After the meet ended we let the kids decide where we would grab lunch.  They wanted a hamburger and fries, so we headed to Culvers.  They loved the Oreo ice cream sandwiches.

That is an Oreo in her mouth.

Thankfully the roads were clear as we drove home.  Alexis was out cold after a few minutes in the car.  Trevor also slept for a good chunk of the ride home.  As soon as we pulled onto our road we noticed the snow.  There was a ton to shovel.  I drove Alexis to a birthday party and Wayne started shoveling.  It took an hour and forty minutes to finish the monster.


After the snow plow dumped more snow.

When I picked up Alexis from her party she had sprained her ankle.  She had her face painted and was completely pleased with the way it turned out.  I was overall exhausted.

That night we were all out at 7:45 pm.  Yes, all of us.

No comments: