




This morning we went to the Monticello Trail. It's beautiful and ends at Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's estate). We had bread that was stale, so we went to feed the geese. Wow, geese can be aggresive and mean. It seemed like there were two ringleaders. If any of the other geese came close one of the two would bite the perpetrator. They were even hissing at the food source (us). Wayne was our galant protector and quickly put his foot right in their face until they receded back into the water. I like ducks better. They are definitely more mellow. The lake was a half a mile up the trail. Jacob ran almost the entire way and wanted a piggyback ride on the way back down.
Jacob's last day of the second session of swim was Thursday. He LOVED it. He also loved this little girl named Delaney in his class. I'll post a picture of them.

I start marathon training on Saturday. Unfortunately Wayne is on call. The run starts at 6:15 a.m. and I don't really want to ask anyone to come over that early to watch the kids. So, I'll be missing the first run, but hopefully that will be it. Thankfully I've run the course quite a few times and am comfortable picking up the next week. I am REALLY excited to train with a group. I hope that I can stay injury free this time. Thankfully, I have a while before the Richmond marathon. It isn't until November 11th.
Wayne has two more weeks of third year and then he's rotating through Pathology. He still says that is what he wants to do. It isn't 100% until he rotates through, but we're hoping that it's going to be a good fit for him. It's fun to see our friends decide what they're going to be doing. Our other 3rd (soon to be fourth year) friends are doing Radiation Oncology, ENT, OB/GYN, and Orthopedic Surgery. It's going to be fun to see where everyone matches in March. It's funny, it's a long way away, but I can't believe how quickly time has gone.
I gave Trevor his first haircut a few days ago. His hair was starting to look like a mop on his head. I can't believe the amount of hair that he has. He gets it from Wayne. I just cut around his ears and his flyaways on the top of his head. They were so long they were falling into his eyes.
Here's a picture of the boys. Jacob asked me to take a picture of them. It's amongst Jacob's favorite puzzle: The Construction Truck puzzle. I know, it's a huge surprise. He LOVES his trucks. Lately he wants me to read to him a truck coloring book. It has over 300 trucks and cars. Every time he brings it out I try to read another book, but he always comes back to the BIG truck coloring book. It's very cute, and LONG.

1 comment:
How funny! It's sad when we can't outsmart them anymore! We have a long book like that too, that I bury under all the others!
I think training in a group sounds ideal. Good luck with that!
We know all too well about the aggressive geese! Their poop is so huge and gross! G sat in some and it completely stained his shorts and soaked through to his diaper!
Have a good day!
Post a Comment