Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Time is flying


I feel like it's June 2nd. I can't believe that it's June 6th. I guess that means we've been keeping busy.

Jacob is really enjoying the last few days of his swimming lessons. He will now put his whole head under water, float on his back (with a little support), swim across the water with a kickboard, and a whole bunch of other things. It's amazing how quickly he has progressed. I'm excited to take him to the pool this summer and take advantage of everything he has learned. I want to sign him up for swim in the fall, but the past few years it was taught on Sunday. We may need to find a different place for him to take if that's the case. I hope we won't need to do that. I've also met some really great parents while we watch the kids from the observation deck. It's been fun.

Trevor is cutting some teeth. I feel so sorry for him. He's drooling all over the place and wants to bite down on everything. As long as it isn't me while I'm feeding him I'm alright with it. He still is content to sit and watch everything. He just screams when he feels like he's being left alone. He loves to be outside, so we're taking advantage of the cooler weather.

I bought a sprinkler attachment for Jacob yesterday. It's been a little cooler outside for water, but he's so funny about it. He tells me that he is so excited to play with the sprinkler. He was also telling me today that his friend was hysterical when he had to go home. Then he acted out the whole situation for me. He was crying and throwing his hands up in the air. When the scene was complete he looked at me and said, "That's what Nile did when his mommy told him to come inside." Family Housing has been great for us. Jacob has friends to play with everyday. It's a wonderful little community. As nice as it will be to have a washer and dryer and dishwasher, I'll miss it when we move (eventually).

On Sunday Wayne's dad called and asked us if we were going anywhere the last part of June. He said they were wondering if they could come visit. Of course we love to have family come. We found out today that they bought their tickets to come and visit us. They're going to be here from June 20th - 27th. I think that we'll go to Virginia Beach and just hang out together. Jacob is so excited to see them.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I tried to comment on this a couple of days ago, but my blogger was having problems.

Love that Jacob is so into swimming!

Thanks for the input on preschool. We are going to do a mini one here at home, then let Q go next year.

How fun that family will be in town soon.

When do you find out where you are heading for residency?