Wayne's parents flight leaves this morning. Jacob said that they can't leave. He told me that they needed to stay here with him. Here are some fun things we did when they were here:
*We went out to dinner a few times.
*We grilled steaks one night on a new charcoal grill and hamburgers another night
*We got rained out at Busch Gardens, but got rainchecks and will be able to go back -- we were still able to see a few shows, Jacob went on the kiddie rides, and Wayne and I went on Curse of the Dark Castle
*We went swimming a few times at the hotel pool.
*They bought Jacob a car carrier.
* We watched Nanny McPhee in the hotel room -- it was surprisingly cute. There was a part where Jacob almost cried. He kept asking, "What happened to the baby". He is such a sensitive little guy. It's almost like he didn't see anything after that part. The situation resolved itself and he was still asking what was wrong with the baby. He was teary eyed for the rest of the show.
*We went to the mall to let the kids play in the play area. Jacob wanted to go, but kept saying, "Something's wrong with me". He really wanted to go, so we went. He went down the slide a few times and then doubled over in pain. He started crying and said that his tummy hurt. I picked him up, he put his head on my shoulder, I sat down, and he threwup all over me. Thankfully Wayne's parents were there with me. They helped a ton. We came back home and ordered a pizza for lunch.
*We were going to go see them off at the airport, but Jacob was throwing up through the night and we thought it might be best to stay home. I called them at their hotel and we said goodbye over the phone. It's easier that way anyway. The airport is so final.
I hope that we will be able to see family soon. We're hoping that Wayne will get an interview in Utah around the end of November. If we can swing it we want to all fly out, maybe for Thanksgiving. He has December off, so it would be fun to stay for a few weeks.
I forgot to download the pictures that Wayne's dad took. They don't have an email account, so I hope that we'll be able to get copies. They took some very cute pics.
I talked to Ali this morning. Good luck with the Biggest Loser. Today is the final weigh in. She's done awesome and looks great! I saw her a good 17 pounds lighter on the webcam on Sunday. All in 8 weeks. I wish I had that determination.
Kara is due July 19th. She looks like she's ready to be done and meet her new little girl. I'm excited for her and wish I could be there to help when the baby is born. Another reason to go to Utah later this year.
I'm taking Jacob shopping tomorrow to buy a truck from Grandma Rytting. I would go today if he wasn't sick. He is so excited for that.
All of Wayne's family (outside of his parents) are vacationing in beach homes in California. It will be fun when we can participate in that action. I hope they are all having fun. Hopefully we can come next time.
Hopefully today is less eventful than yesterday and last night (in terms of sickness).
I forgot to add that Trevor's first tooth came through a few days ago. It's the bottom right tooth.
Week of September 16th, 2021
4 years ago

1 comment:
Ugh, throwup all over you... in a public place... sorry!
I hope Jacob is feeling better!
Sounds like you had a great time with Wayne's parents!
Post a Comment